Short end links for KW coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short end links for KW coilovers

I'm very sure my front end links are shot (photos attached, lol) but since the car's running KWs I've realized I can't use stock end links. KW sells their short end links for this application but they're $36 each and look like they're just repackaged Meyle HDs. They must have switched because the ones on my car are not Meyle, maybe because of all the cases of them failing prematurely I found online.

Does anyone know offhand how long they have to be? I've seen 175 to 185 mm reported online, but I didn't think to measure them while I had the car on the lift. More importantly, does anyone know of the Meyle part number so I can just buy HD links?
    Attached Files
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

You want the MOOG. See Wolfe's thread on m3f (cache) for part #.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      You want the MOOG. See Wolfe's thread on m3f (cache) for part #.
      Are Google cache results still working for you for M3F? They aren't anymore for me... I found the thread but it doesn't give me an option to see the cached version.

Comment

Using a URl snippet from the search result summaries on the results page, I found this MOOG part:

Says 180 mm, does this seem correct?

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't remember the length. Hopefully, a long term KW owner will remember the MOOG part # or length.

Comment

I have KW V1s that came with the Meyle endlinks, I can see about measuring them later today if you’d like.

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't remember the length. Hopefully, a long term KW owner will remember the MOOG part # or length.
              All good, just from what you've told me so far I think I've solved my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bran.stum View Post
                I have KW V1s that came with the Meyle endlinks, I can see about measuring them later today if you’d like.
                If you happen to be under the car that would be great! I think I'm putting my car back up on the lift today anyway, if I do I'll post here with the measurement.

Comment

Confirmed it's 180 mm. Going to order the Moog part and I'll report back on how it goes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey I don’t have this photo anymore but I have kw v2. Went through the same thing when I changed to a ground control sway bar. Ground control sent me end links that were 6 inches in length.

Comment

Hmm 6" =152mm, that's a ways off 180mm.

Comment

Hmm 6" =152mm, that's a ways off 180mm.
                        GC sway bar vs. stock sway maybe?

Comment

Maybe, but the droplink issue is down to the strut (kw), not bar afaik.

Comment

The 180mm Moog endlinks worked great. Fair warning, they come with grease fittings that you have to screw on (do it carefully, they're self-threading so it's a one-way exercise) and fill with initial grease. I'd never done this before but after a couple YouTube videos I managed to do a passable job.

Clunking is gone, we will see how long these last. An Amazon review mentioned that these links are unpainted steel, so if rust is an issue where you are, spraying them quickly might be a good idea.

Comment

I see you got this handled, but just for future reference you can also get adjustable end links (I have BimmerWorld) which can give you some adjustability in the sway bar angle. But they are a lot more than the standard Meyle and TBH, I'm not sure how much bar angle matters, within reason.
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                              X