Any Experience With Dr Vanos S54 Noise Reduction Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Experience With Dr Vanos S54 Noise Reduction Kit

Does anyone have any experience with the Dr Vanos S54 Noise Reduction Kit? If so is it worth it? Does it make a difference? Or is it just snake oil? I'm replacing my Vanos and it seemed like something that might be worth it or maybe not. I believe the exhaust splined gear is a piece that has bearings in it so it is something that could be considered a wear part. Any insight?

I don't have the full kit but I do have their modified exhaust gear + their S54 tensioner chain guide. I think if you pair those with the Beisan S54 exhaust hub, you'll be good to go.

Comment

OK, I wasn't sure if the exhaust gear had to match their polished sprockets. Did you notice a difference or was this just for peace of mind?

Comment

preventitive/PoM

Comment

Hmm, new sprockets with old chain?
          And why only the EX spline with new bearing and not the intake spline shaft?
          I Would skip.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDinosaur View Post
            Does anyone have any experience with the Dr Vanos S54 Noise Reduction Kit? If so is it worth it? Does it make a difference? Or is it just snake oil? I'm replacing my Vanos and it seemed like something that might be worth it or maybe not. I believe the exhaust splined gear is a piece that has bearings in it so it is something that could be considered a wear part. Any insight?
            Are you replacing or rebuilding your VANOS unit? Almost no one replaces the sprockets unless there was damage or they are completely rebuilding the engine to like new spec. The spline rattle kit is up to you, but after having rebuilt two VANOS units, I opt to not open the splined gears. I did the rattle kit on the first VANOS unit which had almost no play at 140k miles and it did not make any difference to the overall sound.

Comment

Working...
            X