Eml light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eml light

Light would come on and car goes limp. I replaced the throttle body sensors and the pedal with no luck? Any idea what I can do next?

Stop throwing parts at it, get codes, and address the concern. Once you scan it and give us code, we can try to help here. You aren't worse off for replacing those sensors however, I wouldn't recommend doing the parts shotgun method.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

The thing is that I can’t replicate it and it goes on randomly. Let me drive it around and hope it comes back on to provide codes. Thanks for the response!

Comment

One thing to check along with the codes is to make sure there is no obstruction in the travel of the throttle bodies. Sometimes folks use hose clamps on the throttle bodies and it can interfere with the linkage.

Comment

If removed the oem clamps on the throttle body boots and replaced them with normal worm clamps check that they aren’t interfering with the throttle body linkage. Use your hand to open the TBs (car off!)… If the worm clamps are in the way you’ll go limp. check your connectors make sure you didn’t forget anything.

Comment

Originally posted by E464life View Post
            The thing is that I can't replicate it and it goes on randomly. Let me drive it around and hope it comes back on to provide codes. Thanks for the response!
            Codes will be retained. Drive until it stops working, then read codes. If read with a tool like INPA they are often logged with an odometer reading too so you can confirm you're looking at the right code.

Even if EML and poor performance is fixed by restarting engine, codes should still be there.

Comment

Working...
            X