Sedan window switch in the coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sedan window switch in the coupe

I recently got a set of aluminum cube trim, however the drivers side switch cut out on the shifter surround must have new from a convertible. So it while my existing switch clipped right it, it didn't look quite right with the extra blank space.

So I put in a sedan window switch, which works for both windows but obviously the window kill button doesn't do anything.

As far as I can tell, it's two extra pins, probably Normally Open. any ideas if I can re purpose the button Click image for larger version

Name:	20240212_153144.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	253195 for something else?

Unexpected benefit: the rear window is now one touch close with this switch. I remember trying to code that in before but I guess it needed the hardware to work

​​

"As far as I can tell, it's two extra pins, probably Normally Open. any ideas if I can re purpose the button for something else?"
    ​To kill the fuel pump relay, or the starter?

Comment

You could put in the convertible switch, and wire 2 extra wires to the GM5 to actually make the all windows down button work.
      E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
      E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
      E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post
        You could put in the convertible switch, and wire 2 extra wires to the GM5 to actually make the all windows down button work.
        Interesting, is this something you have seen done? I would think that would need some coding on top. Running the wires to GM5 is easy, I like it.

Originally posted by sapote View Post
        "As far as I can tell, it's two extra pins, probably Normally Open. any ideas if I can re purpose the button for something else?" ​To kill the fuel pump relay, or the starter?
        Hey an old school kill switch? Might be too obvious of a location though.

Comment

Originally posted by Amos View Post

Interesting, is this something you have seen done? I would think that would need some coding on top. Running the wires to GM5 is easy, I like it.
          I considered doing it myself, it indeed requires you to enable the button with NCS, but it seemed like a cool mod to me, never seen anyone do it.
          E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
          E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
          E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Awsome, it's just enabling the button, seems like a worthwhile mod. I'm going to check it out

Comment

Ejecto Seato, cuh!

Joking aside, singe button for all windows up and down sounds nice but repurposing it could be cool, never thought about it. Killswitch, angel eyes (anyone still do those?) or extra interior/exterior lighting, radar detector, exhaust flange, auxiliary fan, air-up air-down if you’re bagged.

If I can’t get a DME to work with my CSL flap, that’s a possibility for me 👍

Comment

Working...
              X