Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLR Engineering Aluminum SMG Expansion Tank hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLR Engineering Aluminum SMG Expansion Tank hose?

I've been trying to get a hold of an OEM CSL tank for an Karb Racebox build but my luck is running low... so I'm trying to figure out a plan B.

Has anyone used this tank and/or have thoughts on the "custom" hose required to connect?

This is a NEW custom aluminum SMG expansion tank designed to allow for a remote mount location away from the intake manifold.

Thanks.

I'm 95% certain this is what I have. Nice build quality. Uses the CSL mount on the back.

I have a slight leak from the hose but it was half assed assembled on my end. Im sure with some more patience you can make this a solid setup.

This is on my list to revisit and fix up. Although the car is grounded for a little so it's low on the totem pole

Edit: I do wish they gave more details on the product, especially for the price tag. That was my biggest hesitation to ordering.
    Although I was in a pinch and needed a solution to my old relocation tank. All in all I’m happy with the product. From what I can tell, no leaks from the fittings. Very large capacity, haven’t had the chance to track since but I’m sure this will help with temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darbshaw; 02-19-2024, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darbshaw View Post
      I'm 95% certain this is what I have. Nice build quality. Uses the CSL mount on the back.

I have a slight leak from the hose but it was half assed assembled on my end. Im sure with some more patience you can make this a solid setup.

This is on my list to revisit and fix up. Although the car is grounded for a little so it's low on the totem pole

Edit: I do wish they gave more details on the product, especially for the price tag. That was my biggest hesitation to ordering.
      Although I was in a pinch and needed a solution to my old relocation tank. All in all I’m happy with the product. From what I can tell, no leaks from the fittings. Very large capacity, haven’t had the chance to track since but I’m sure this will help with temps.

Thanks for the info. What hose did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by beyondm3 View Post

Thanks for the info. What hose did you use?
        I believe it was just 3/8” fuel hose. Installed a bit ago, and don't have access to the engine bay where the cars parked to verify.

I do believe a slight issue using this hose is that it's almost too small for the barbed fitting on the tank and then slightly too large for the fitting on the pump.
        My suggestion would be a smaller hose of a different material that will stretch over the tanks barb better. Or a smaller fitting leaving the tank.

Comment

Could do something similar to this. Haven't done much research, but I keep it on the to-do list because I hate how my CSL tank is mounted, just not a crucial project atm​
          2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREM3/// View Post
            Could do something similar to this. Haven't done much research, but I keep it on the to-do list because I hate how my CSL tank is mounted, just not a crucial project atm​
            Thanks for the link, that is an interesting take and I certainly didn't consider using a MacGyver style setup when essentially it is a simple reservoir at it's core. I'm assuming that it's using the non-CSL hose to connect to the hydro-unit.

Comment

I had the MLR briefly but it does not mount using the stock OEM bracket. I returned it and went OEM CSL reservoir

Comment

Working...
              X