Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other Alpine White over Imola ZCP owners on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other Alpine White over Imola ZCP owners on here?

My VIN ends in 64503, 12/2005 build, I'm the original owner. Only options I ordered are ZCP and Xenons. 6spd manual, sunroof delete and manual seats. Very few made in that AW/IR combo in N. America, I wonder if any other owners are on the forum here? ONLY 14 AW/IR ZCP's made out of 2,410 total ZCP's (sidenote 225 overall AW/IR, of those 129 were 6spd manual/96SMG). It couldn't break down further than the 14, but based on the total 6spd/SMG numbers it would seem likely there are about 8 manuals and 6 SMG's out there give or take a couple either way. Any way you look at it they are uber rare builds. I almost ordered IB, but every time I saw an M3 in AW it always looked "right" on that body, and I wanted the red interior too
    which didn't go with IB (would have gotten cinnamon if I did IB). And, mostly stock, just Koni Yellows/Eibach suspension and a ZHP knob with alcantara boot to match the stock steering wheel and handbrake. Always thought it odd BMW did not include the alcantara boot in the ZCP pkg.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Hwy 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	254177

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1040017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.0 KB ID:	254176
    Last edited by Bimmerjeff; 02-19-2024, 03:56 PM.
    2006 M3 ZCP 6spd slicktop AW/Imola (orig owner)
    1997 328iC Individual
    1975 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300
    1959 Land Rover Series 2
    2013 MB GLK350 (wife’s)

Jeeez, manual seats too. Talk about ideal spec

Comment

Originally posted by Rokoz View Post
      Jeeez, manual seats too. Talk about ideal spec
      Haha, yes I needed the headroom as I'm 6'5". No power motors under there gave me about 1/2-1" more headroom as they drop lower down. That's the main reason I ordered it that way, second was to save a couple more pounds of weight. I think this is the lightest possible spec, unless the Xenons weigh a tad more than base halogens? I know the ZCP brakes are a bit lighter, wheels similar, no NAV, manual seats and slicktop saves weight.
      1997 328iC Individual
      1959 Land Rover Series 2
      2013 MB GLK350 (wife’s)

Comment

Man this is great! Original owner to boot. Well done. How many miles?
        1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
        2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
        2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
        2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
        2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
        2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Beautiful spec, welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post
            Man this is great! Original owner to boot. Well done. How many miles?
            Thanks! A bit over 44k. It was my DD for the first 7 years, weekend car since 2013. She's never been to a mechanic outside of a couple dealer oil changes when new, I do all the maintenence and repairs at home. The only repair needed so far was a typical cracked Vanos gear at 30k or so. Most reliable BMW I've ever owned.
            Last edited by Bimmerjeff; 02-20-2024, 08:17 AM.
            1997 328iC Individual
            1959 Land Rover Series 2
            2013 MB GLK350 (wife’s)

Comment

Alpine FTW.

I personally can't stand the red interiors on BMWs, but you guys seem to really like it for some reason lol. I don't get it. :shrug:

This is a cool spec, but I like having a sunroof, being in sunny CA.

Also mine isn't a "real" ZCP, although I do have the blue tag rack, Brembos, etc. I also had Impulse cloth, but I swapped it out for M-Texture.

I think Alpine with M-Texture is crazy rare, if I remember I think there was 12 of them made. Off the top of my head I think there was 118 Alpine with Impulse.
              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I have nothing to add to this thread, except you have my dream spec M3.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerjeff View Post

Haha, yes I needed the headroom as I'm 6'5". No power motors under there gave me about 1/2-1" more headroom as they drop lower down. That's the main reason I ordered it that way, second was to save a couple more pounds of weight. I think this is the lightest possible spec, unless the Xenons weigh a tad more than base halogens? I know the ZCP brakes are a bit lighter, wheels similar, no NAV, manual seats and slicktop saves weight.
                  The xenons do weigh a tad more than the halogens but it's worth being able to actually see at night. Halogens feel like driving by candle light.

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                    Alpine FTW.

I personally can't stand the red interiors on BMWs, but you guys seem to really like it for some reason lol. I don't get it. :shrug:

This is a cool spec, but I like having a sunroof, being in sunny CA.

Also mine isn't a "real" ZCP, although I do have the blue tag rack, Brembos, etc. I also had Impulse cloth, but I swapped it out for M-Texture.

I think Alpine with M-Texture is crazy rare, if I remember I think there was 12 of them made. Off the top of my head I think there was 118 Alpine with Impulse.
                    Haha I feel the opposite on the Mtex vs. leather, esp with the M getting the extra nice Nappa leather from BMW. I actually test drove a IB on Mtex cloth that was on the lot, but I didn't really like the cloth though it was quality stuff. For track then cloth is best for grip, but for street I like some lux

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040013.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	254251
                    Last edited by Bimmerjeff; 02-20-2024, 08:35 AM.
                    1997 328iC Individual
                    1959 Land Rover Series 2
                    2013 MB GLK350 (wife’s)

Comment

Absolutely incredible spec! I have your car’s cousin—only options on my car are ZCP package and xenon’s too. Just IB over black. Major props for holding onto it for this long.

Comment

Awesome spec. I love seeing minty interiors. Even more rare to see original owners these days.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerbalanced View Post
                          Absolutely incredible spec! I have your car’s cousin—only options on my car are ZCP package and xenon’s too. Just IB over black. Major props for holding onto it for this long.
                          Thanks, she even survived 3 years of mini-storage with only occasional use when I was overseas without a fault. Great car, I figured it was worth the storage fees to keep her! Cool, it looks like she has a cousin car nearby in the LA area then, unless you are in the state of LA. No one chimed in yet with AW/IR though. Hope to see some post here too.
                          1997 328iC Individual
                          1959 Land Rover Series 2
                          2013 MB GLK350 (wife’s)

Comment

Alpine white ftw. Wow original owner too!
                            i can somewhat relate. I'm in so cal, west covina. 2nd owner of my 04' Alpine white 6spd since 2011, daily driven since 2011 and has never left me stranded. I'm sure yours is immaculate with only 45k miles, i have 235k miles and I'm confident it'll go past 300k on the original pistons/rings, transmission and differential with the proper maintenance. Happy motoring

-Mike

Comment

Time for a SoCal meet and drive so we can check out these sweet spec'd gems.
                              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                              X