Bleed procedure MK60 with everything replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleed procedure MK60 with everything replaced

I replaced the master cylinder, booster, all 4 calipers, DSC module and abs pump.

I need to do a complete fill and bleed.

I have a pressure bleeder and INPA.

Is the best course of action here to fill and pressure bleed.the entire system first..and once air bubbles are no longer coming from each corner, then proceed to use INPA to perform the mk60 bleed procedure?

Question on the INPA procedure, onscreen instructions say to put brake pedal at 80%

Is it ok to just use a 2x4 wedged between pedal and the seat for constant pressure and then go to each corner and initiate the bleed procedure In INPA and leave brake pedal at 80% the entire time until I'm done? does anyone ever put a pressure bleeder on the master cylinder while also initiating the INPA procedure?

Trying to figure out the best way to do this and reading online, so many people talking about INPA steps but they don't get real detailed so it leaves a lot of grey area on when and how you handle the brake pedal during the INPA procedure.

I replaced the master cylinder, booster, all 4 calipers, DSC module and abs pump.

Just connect your pressure bleeder and bled it, you will likely get all the air out of the DSC that way.

Is the best course of action here to fill and pressure bleed.the entire system first..and once air bubbles are no longer coming from each corner, then proceed to use INPA to perform the mk60 bleed procedure?
    This way will 100% work as well.

Question on the INPA procedure, onscreen instructions say to put brake pedal at 80%
    If someone is manually operating the pedal 80% is not a strict number, just put pressure and hold while the pump cycles.

Is it ok to just use a 2x4 wedged between pedal and the seat for constant pressure and then go to each corner and initiate the bleed procedure In INPA and leave brake pedal at 80% the entire time until I'm done?
    If you do this when the ABS pump activates the 2x4 will likely fall off from the pedal moving.

does anyone ever put a pressure bleeder on the master cylinder while also initiating the INPA procedure?
    Yes, this is completely fine.

Trying to figure out the best way to do this and reading online, so many people talking about INPA steps but they don't get real detailed so it leaves a lot of grey area on when and how you handle the brake pedal during the INPA procedure.
    Don't over think it, bleeding the ABS is not black magic on these cars.
    '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
    Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

This is indeed what I do, once normally, then with INPA, on cars where the brake fluid is very brown and never replaced the INPA DSC bleed always darkens up the fluid once again, so it does help.

In DIS the procedure is more automated and the test ends up doing each corner twice, in INPA you have to manually activate each corner, so I do them all twice in order like DIS would.
      E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
      E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
      E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Shawn, this may be relevant :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Just connect your pressure bleeder and bled it, you will likely get all the air out of the DSC that way.

This way will 100% work as well.

If someone is manually operating the pedal 80% is not a strict number, just put pressure and hold while the pump cycles.

Is it ok to just use a 2x4 wedged between pedal and the seat for constant pressure and then go to each corner and initiate the bleed procedure In INPA and leave brake pedal at 80% the entire time until I'm done?
          If you do this when the ABS pump activates the 2x4 will likely fall off from the pedal moving.

does anyone ever put a pressure bleeder on the master cylinder while also initiating the INPA procedure?
          Yes, this is completely fine.

Don't over think it, bleeding the ABS is not black magic on these cars.
          The a lot George!

Comment

When replacing the whole master cylinder I have had better success with vacuum bleeding from the caliper than pressure bleeding from the reservoir. Vacuum bleeder that hooks up to shop air works the best in my experience. You can pull way more vacuum from the caliper up than you can apply pressure from the reservoir down.

After vacuum bleeding, doing the ISTA/DIS bleed procedure with a pressure bleeder is a good idea (or just finding a gravel lot to repeatedly engage ABS then bleed again)

Comment

Working...
            X