No announcement yet.

200 Tread Wear Tire - Hankook R-S4 vs Dunlop Direzza ZIII vs NT01 vs others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a set of RE71R's on the E46 M3. They do tend to get greasy on a hot day during a hot track day (Road Atlanta). Prior to this, I had some Direzza Star Spec II and did not experience any tremendous drop off like the Bridgestone. They were not as sticky but more consistent. Never tried the ZIII

As a side note, my brother had an E30 with the Hankook RS4's for spirited driving. He really had a hard time to get them up to temps.
    2002 M3 Carbon Schwarz/Black 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff.T View Post
      Personally, I always use Nitto NT01s. For me, they handle the heat cycles well and have always lasted longer than any 200TW tire I've tracked on. They're a little loud on the street if you don't have a rear seat. On track, the key is to run them no more than 34psi hot. Once I get the pressures dialed in, I run full 25min sessions with consistent grip. You can always buy a faster tire if you're trying to win a race. If you want to be able to develop as a driver, I strongly recommend the NT01s for their consistency and forgiving nature if you over drive the car.
      I got to try this tire.

And thanks for all the advices again everyone.

2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
      18 R8 RWS.
      19 Vantage
      15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
      Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

anybody have experience with the Michelin sport cup2 compared to the RE71R?

it's not the overall road noise of the RE71rs that bugs me (there's plenty tho). it's the random noises they make over different surfaces (even smooth painted surfaces like lane markings makes a distinctive loud resonant frequency).

i'd like a more civilized riding tire but have gotten too used to the 200tw grip levels

Comment

Unfortunately is seems as though the 275/35/18 R-S4 is sold out. Tire Rack has no ETA for when they'll have more either (and I imagine TR is probably at the top of the list to get a restock based on their volume).

Comment

R-S4 seems to be going on fire sale and then out of stock, I wonder if the successor is on its way.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

the 265/35/18 R-S4 tires are for sale as well.
              2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
              18 R8 RWS.
              19 Vantage
              15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
              Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

Working...
              X