Do G20 M340i brakes fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do G20 M340i brakes fit?

Has anyone tried retrofitting the G20 M340i brakes on an E46 M3? Do they fit? This isn't something I'm necessarily looking to do, but at some point down the road I'd love the look (yeah, I said it...I don't track the car so it would be primarily for aesthetics) of a BBK. So I'd be curious to see if these would be a viable option.

On a completely unrelated note, here's a photo of my newest daily driver for attention 👀

Click image for larger version

Name:	53547778604_6fc64ec122_c.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	256612

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
    2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
    My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

You have both cars...10 lug nuts, 4 caliper bolts, 1 brake line, maybe 4 rotor securing screws later...you can give us an answer? But I'd assume there will be need for hub shimming, etc.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
      You have both cars...10 lug nuts, 4 caliper bolts, 1 brake line, maybe 4 rotor securing screws later...you can give us an answer? But I'd assume there will be need for hub shimming, etc.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk
      Correct, I do, but was hopeful someone had already done the work and had the answer for us.

2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

Comment

The 340i is fairly new, so I doubt anyone has made brackets for those. There is the F80 M3/M4 setup. The F30 335i got 4+ different colors for those calipers. That F30/F80 generation caliper looks much better, imo and might even be lighter weight along with the rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
          The 340i is fairly new, so I doubt anyone has made brackets for those. There is the F80 M3/M4 setup. The F30 335i got 4+ different colors for those calipers. That F30/F80 generation caliper looks much better, imo and might even be lighter weight along with the rotors.
          Good call. I'll check out those other kits when the time comes. Thank you for the feedback!

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

aren't g-series 5x112?

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
              aren't g-series 5x112?
              They sure are... but that doesn't preclude the calipers from being a fit, unless I'm missing something.

2021 BMW M340i

Comment

Working...
              X