Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to test used Cams and Rocker Arms to ensure they are safe to use in your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to test used Cams and Rocker Arms to ensure they are safe to use in your car?

An opportunity came up to purchase a set of used Schrick cams and DLC rocker arms. I am concerned about wear or other issues that could arise from used cams and rocker arms. Given how hard it is to hard DLC rocker arms, I have considered buying this. Is there any way to test these parts to ensure that there would not be any issues?

Also, if I decide that I want to use a different set of Schrick cams with different durations could you use the used DLC rocker arms with new cams? Would the difference in wear cause any issues?

If the rockers are numbered/labeled, not flat spotted or scored (same goes for the cams), should be fine to use with the matching Schrick cams. Using those rockers with another set of Schrick cams is probably not recommended and done at owner's risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      If the rockers are numbered/labeled, not flat spotted or scored (same goes for the cams), should be fine to use with the matching Schrick cams. Using those rockers with another set of Schrick cams is probably not recommended and done at owner's risk.
      I figured as much. I guess that I am just getting desperate after all this time trying to get DLC rockers arms to run cams.

Comment

You could measure hardness, ideally you want 50+ RC

Comment

Working...
        X