Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in Volk 21A group buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in Volk 21A group buy?

A buddy of mine is a Volk Rays dealer and inquired about ordering a batch of 21A in 5x120. The distributor said they would make them for us but we need to order at least 5 sets. I'm trying to get 18x10.5 +22, not sure if they can mix and match other sizes as well. Would anyone be interested in putting a deposit down on a set?

They come in two finishes, bronze or dark gunmetal with a polished lip. I'm kind of partial to the bronze. The wheel kind of looks like a 1-piece BBS E88.

pics of 21A:

Click image for larger version

Name:	-Jt7CTgCAA.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	256929
    Click image for larger version

Name:	VR-21A-DC-5.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	256930

Comment

I have considered them as track only wheels setup in 18x9.5 et30 & 18x10.5 et30 or et22. Would like them in Silver with polished lips.

System Motorsport can have them in the following colors:
      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

want these because it’s cheaper than the LMs and comes in 18inch

Just spoke to Thompson at System Motorsport re the 21a. He said it’s about 4100 and it’ll take anywhere from 6-12 months for it to come. $1000 deposit required. 18x9.5et22 dark gunmetal with polished lip.

I’m interested if it’ll be cheaper and quicker to get! Crazy that people will wait a year for wheels.

Comment

My fenders are shaved/rolled. Currently running apex arc8 squared 18x9et30 but have 25mm spacer in the rear and 12mm in the front. Would I be able to run 18x10.5et22 squared? Running 255/35/18 tires

Comment

What's the bbk clearance for these?

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
              My fenders are shaved/rolled. Currently running apex arc8 squared 18x9et30 but have 25mm spacer in the rear and 12mm in the front. Would I be able to run 18x10.5et22 squared? Running 255/35/18 tires
              depends on how much negative camber you run, but especially with a 255 you can fit them. I use either 265 or 275 on 10.5 +22 up front with -3.4 to -3.8 camber.

I'm not interested in the 9.5 size that System Motorsport offers, thats not wide enough for me.

Through my guy it would probably be similar wait time and deposit.

I dunno about BBK clearance, but my guess is it would be similar to ZE40/CE28N

This is a 10.5 +22 square for reference:

Last edited by Gearhead55; 03-11-2024, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post

depends on how much negative camber you run, but especially with a 255 you can fit them. I use either 265 or 275 on 10.5 +22 up front with -3.4 to -3.8 camber.

I'm not interested in the 9.5 size that System Motorsport offers, thats not wide enough for me.

Through my guy it would probably be similar wait time and deposit.

I dunno about BBK clearance, but my guess is it would be similar to ZE40/CE28N

This is a 10.5 +22 square for reference:

Damn you!

I have some mag blue TE37s on my model Y performance and now you’re making me look into some 5x120 to 5x114.3 adapters so I can throw them on my e46 m3!!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                  What's the bbk clearance for these?
                  Hard say because the spokes are more inward and flat and not towards the face and concaved.

Comment

I would potentially be interested pending final cost. Gorgeous wheel. Gunmetal with polished lip for me. I would entertain either a 18x10 square or some sort of staggered street setup.
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Damn you!

I have some mag blue TE37s on my model Y performance and now you’re making me look into some 5x120 to 5x114.3 adapters so I can throw them on my e46 m3!!!!!
                      Do it!​

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                      I would potentially be interested pending final cost. Gorgeous wheel. Gunmetal with polished lip for me. I would entertain either a 18x10 square or some sort of staggered street setup.
                      Final price would likely be 44xx, Rays just increased their prices I think. Go big and do 10.5 square. It looks cooler and tires perform better with a slight stretch.

I think we would all need to do the same size, but we could choose different finishes. I'll get confirmation on that.

Comment

Hmm thats $300 more than what SM quoted me. Wouldnt you want to go through them?

Comment

Hmm thats $300 more than what SM quoted me. Wouldnt you want to go through them?
                          They only have the 9.5 width size. The 41xx price is for the current batch, my guess is if SM gets new ones in they will be at the 44xx price too. I'll inquire with them too though

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post

Final price would likely be 44xx, Rays just increased their prices I think.
                            Call me old fashioned but I liked it better when savings from a group buy actually got passed down to the participants

Comment

If you're not going through Thompson or Chuck then you're getting ripped off.
                              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Working...
                              X