Need me some more exhaust sound! Eisenmann Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need me some more exhaust sound! Eisenmann Sport

Ok so I have a section 1 rasp pipe with oem section 2 and an Eisenmann sport section 3. My rasp is entirely gone and the exhaust sounds great till 3500 rpm and then it’s so quiet and I can only hear my intake. I have a convertible too.

the intake (K&n) overtakes the exhaust so much that I’m thinking of putting on my oem intake to quiet it down. I know. Blasphemous. Everyone loves the intake noise.

MANY people told me prior to getting my Eisenmann sport that it was quiet, but never thought it would be quiet up top. I always felt that the oem section 3 was quiet down low <3500rpm and a screamer up top but now with the rasp pipe and Eisenmann it’s the exact opposite.

id hate to get rid of the rasp pipe and I just want more sound up top. Thoughts?

would an unresonated section 2 help make it louder or just introduce more rasp and change the tone?

kinda bummed since the muffler was so pricey haha.

I love my re Diablo and rasp in my vert. Drones at 2 to 3k rpm but vert so I don’t t care. Nice clean aggressive tone throughout all rpm’s.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

There are so many different ways to configure a 4 section exhaust. It’s really impossible to quantify on a message forum, or even in a video. I don’t know how much changing out a section 1 or 2 will impact the overall volume of the exhaust, that might vary depending on material and shape and size, but it will change the nature of the sound if not as much the volume.

I think the section 3 plays the biggest role in the total volume of exhaust sound. For example I rode inside in someone’s car that had the same setup as mine, except they have the SuperSprint Race section 3 whereas I have the Sport section 3. The difference was MASSIVE. And to further complicate things, I like mine better and he likes his better. So much of it is subjective.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

An unresonated section 2 would IMO be louder, but as someone else says, I think section 3 makes the biggest difference to overall sound volume.

Regards

Comment

If you were local, I’d ask if you wanted to trade for my RE Diablo as I want to hear the intake more lol

Comment

I currently have a section 2 supersprint dual H pipe(unresonated) and the difference I got from prior setup (stock x pipe) was the tone and minimal increase in volume. Currently have a section 3 supersprint race and that for sure upped the volume from the stock piece. .

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Ok question then, since I am happy with how it sounds below 3.5krpm, would the unresonated section 2 change the tone up top to be a bit more aggressive?

Comment

Try installing the stock section 1 and see if that helps. May give the exhaust a little more deepness.

Comment

Comment

I have a eisemann sport, I changed my section 2 to a resonated super sprint , I did quiet the volume down. I had a unresonated status gruppe, that was much louder.

Comment

Ok gonna sound weird but I haven’t really driven the car since I installed the exhaust last Tuesday. I was finally able to drive it last night and the sound is more pronounced. Maybe the muffler is breaking in? It also doesn’t smell as bad. I’m starting to like the sound more. Maybe down the line I’ll pick up an unresonated xpipe to see how that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post
                        I have a eisemann sport, I changed my section 2 to a resonated super sprint , I did quiet the volume down. I had a unresonated status gruppe, that was much louder.
                        Was it an xpipe or dual pipes?

Comment

Xpipe

Comment

Originally posted by Notan_S54 View Post
                            I currently have a section 2 supersprint dual H pipe(unresonated) and the difference I got from prior setup (stock x pipe) was the tone and minimal increase in volume. Currently have a section 3 supersprint race and that for sure upped the volume from the stock piece. .
                            Do you have a “whistle” sound when really stepping on the accelerator with your non-resonated Section 2? I do.

Comment

No whistle for me here. I deep sound in the low revs and then an f1 like high pitch exhaust sound above 5.5k

Comment

Working...
                              X