Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG Error 59: Help needed!!!

Hey Fellas,

So I swapped in my refreshed engine (new clutch) and I'm having a nagging SMG issue. I've tried bleeding the system like 50 times and it keeps failing the first test (Actuator) with Error 59 (Actuator) being the only code. I've switched the slave out 4 times (with one of them being brand new), with no change in status (and same error). The car wasn't starting and the gear indicator always flashed without going into any gear. I tested the gears in INPA, and it failed all of them. I unplugged the slave and tried starting it up... success! I then tried to put into gear in INPA and it passed every gear EXCEPT for 5th. I reset the adaptations and tried bleeding again...still error 59 along with Error 40 (basically because the PLCD is unplugged). I plugged in the slave and tried to check the gears again, and they failed every one (and car didn't start).

Currently it's not passing any bleeding tests and I'm not sure what to do. I hear the pump priming (as well as it manually fills to 85 bars in INPA)... thoughts?

Kareem

Clutch slave is toast. I’ve seen a trend of clutch slaves failing on disassembly. The error code is specific and almost always indicative.
    Last edited by oceansize; 03-16-2024, 04:31 AM.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
      Clutch slave is toast. I’ve seen a trend of clutch slaves failing on disassembly. The error code is specific and almost always indicative.
      Thanks for the response.
      I've changed it 4 different times (one replacement being brand new from FCP Euro). Still the exact same error.

Comment

“I unplugged the slave and tried starting it up... success! I then tried to put into gear in INPA and it passed every gear EXCEPT for 5th.”

Wonder why inpa shifted the gears without slave signals working.

It seems no oil pressure in the slave.

Comment

How’s your decay time? In really good working order it can be five minutes or more at idle and no shifting.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
            “I unplugged the slave and tried starting it up... success! I then tried to put into gear in INPA and it passed every gear EXCEPT for 5th.”

Wonder why inpa shifted the gears without slave signals working.

It seems no oil pressure in the slave.

No oil pressure as in no SMG fluid pressure? I also thought it was weird that INPA shifted into gear with it being unplugged. It wasn't starting with it plugged in because it wasn't going into neutral. Now that it's plugged in, it fails all gears (as well as bleeds).

Comment

How’s your decay time? In really good working order it can be five minutes or more at idle and no shifting.
              What is that, so I can check it?

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

The length of time it takes before it has to repressurize. You have INPA so you can watch and clock after it hits max pressure.

Comment

No oil pressure as in no SMG fluid pressure? I also thought it was weird that INPA shifted into gear with it being unplugged. It wasn't starting with it plugged in because it wasn't going into neutral. Now that it's plugged in, it fails all gears (as well as bleeds).
                  Ok, inpa shifted it with engine not running, this makes sense; no way it can shift with engine running.

smg has pressure but not in the slave

Comment

He meant the duration time between pump kick on

Comment

The length of time it takes before it has to repressurize. You have INPA so you can watch and clock after it hits max pressure.
                      Video of pressure test is below (posted it to Youtube). Thoughts? It doesn't kick back on for like 2 min.

Last edited by x Spades x; 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post

He meant the duration time between pump kick on
                        Posted video in my above comment

Comment

Video of pressure test is below (posted it to Youtube). Thoughts? It doesn't kick back on for like 2 min.

https://youtu.be/6SFKZjnb0eQ?feature=shared
                          It took 6 sec to pump up pressure -- a little long but this should not cuase reported issue. It took 50 sec to leak down to min which indicates there is considerable internal leak due to aged and wear.

I wonder can you look through the bellhousing small holes to see if the fork/throw out bearing moving when command Inpa to shift? This will prove if slave having oil pressure.

So the new issue only happened after SMG system removed / installed during engine swappping?
                          Last edited by sapote; 03-17-2024, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Perhaps BE's SMG Wiki might be able to provide some remedies for this code if you haven't already seen it: https://burkhart-engineering.com/smg...-2c6c5372-a94a

Comment

OP is in new territory with this error code. I've never, in my somewhat limited experience, seen this not be the clutch slave. OP does have considerable pressure loss if only getting two minutes at idle before it has to build pressure again but that isn't necessarily causing this problem.

OP, how many miles on your clutch/pp? Never mind, just reread your original post and saw you replaced it. What else did you replace? Are you still using the new slave cylinder?
                              Last edited by oceansize; 03-18-2024, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X