*Fixed* Stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Fixed* Stuttering

I will try to explain this as best as possible. When I started my car this morning, it started fine, but it has a slight shaking sensation like a misfire or something is out of balance. I know it will need to be looked at, but I'm hoping someone has had a similar issue and can share their experience.

If anyone is willing to share their info, I'm happy to send a recording of my issue.

Update 25 Mar 24:

So I finally got the car read: cylinder 1 reported a misfire. I ordered brand new Eldor coils and NGK spark plugs...I was hoping to wait until 120k, but the car had other plans at 117k. When pulling the coils and spark plug from cylinder 1, it looked fine, but when I got to cylinder 5 (diagram 2), there was corrosion on both the coil and spark plug. I don't know if it's odd that there wasn't any reported issue with that cylinder but there was with cylinder 1. Anyways, the car is running better than before, and I appreciate everyone's help and those who listened to my YouTube shorts to try and diagnose it.
    Last edited by Cronenberged; 03-25-2024, 05:27 PM.

Idk how to upload videos on here or I would share my recording

Comment

Check for codes and all that, but the only time this happened to me (so far) it turned out to be related to the secondary air pump getting jacked up.

Comment

Originally posted by bagger View Post
        Check for codes and all that, but the only time this happened to me (so far) it turned out to be related to the secondary air pump getting jacked up.
        My secondary air pump is deleted.

​​

Comment

Any recommendations on a scan tool or laptop software and cable set up option.

Comment

I use this one which has the basic functions you'd expect and also many functions found in INPA:

You can also look for "Mikes BMW Tools" and install that pack on any windows machine (I've had luck getting it going on several Windows 10 and newer machines). Sometimes it works out of the box, sometimes you have to fudge with the FTDI drivers and COM ports on your machine. You'll need a K+CAN cable too, of course- just look for one with a switch that enables it to communicate with the e46 (and other semi-older) chassis.
            2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Do you have an open filter intake like a K&N system? Could the MAF be oiled up and dirty?

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
                Do you have an open filter intake like a K&N system? Could the MAF be oiled up and dirty?
                No stock box, I'll check the MAF though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                  Any recommendations on a scan tool or laptop software and cable set up option.
                  I suggest Veepeak dongle on Amazon around $30 and OBDFUSION phone app - together it a powerful tool to analyze problems. Also get free app INPA for windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                    Idk how to upload videos on here or I would share my recording
                    Post it on YT and post the link here.

Comment

sapote I'm YouTube retarded.

Comment

Anyone have experience with Bimmer Geeks Protool?

Comment

I don't see engine shaking or hiccup, but it had intermittent light noise like someone knocking on wood; I would check chain guides.

Comment

Added updated; Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                            X