CMP engineering contact info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMP engineering contact info?

Looking for a email, can’t find on their website. I know they have a Facebook page but I don’t Facebook. Their site lists their E46 6-Point Race Brace as sold out, want to see if it coming back.
    ‘04 M3

Found this on their Facebook page - info@cmpautoengineering.com

Comment

Message Cayn Plotkin on Facebook, he is the owner and responds quickly (just remember he is in Australia, so there is timezone difference).
      Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

They are pretty good at replying via instagram.
        Current: 2003.5 E46 ///M3 6MT - 2019 Ford Raptor 802A
        Past: 2015 F80 ///M3 6MT - 2006 E46 ///M3 6MT - 1999 E36 ///M3 5MT - 1991 E30 ///M3 5MT

Comment

He replied very fast to me
          • 2006 AW/IR Manual
          • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
          • Supersprint
          • KW V3
          • 996 Brembo
          • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Be aware that shipping from Australia is extremely slow due to covid. My order from CMP has been sitting is Brisbane since April 20.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Maxhouse97 View Post
              Looking for a email, can’t find on their website. I know they have a Facebook page but I don’t Facebook. Their site lists their E46 6-Point Race Brace as sold out, want to see if it coming back.
              Hang tight, Cayn has parts in route and should be restocking the store here shortly. In the meantime send him an email to cayn@cmpautoengineering.com
              '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
              Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
              Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Hey Maxhouse97,

Looks like a few people beat me to it but my email address is: cayn@cmpautoengineering.com

Feel free to shoot me an email with any questions you have. I'm always available to chat.

Regarding the brace, I received a fresh batch of laser cutting today.

I've got x15 6-Point Race Brace's in stock now however, the website has not yet been updated to reflect this as I need to update the image for it.

The brace has recently underdone a fairly thorough re-design which has reduced the total weight by a little over 2kg (4.4LB) however, I tweaked a few things and increased the rigidity at the strut mounts to retain similar performance.

Here's a sneak peak of the new design. The plate section is acting in tension and thus wont buckle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6PRB_CAD_Revision_hld4ks.png Views:	0 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	26308

The price is also going to be reduced from $650 Aud to $599 Aud ($390 USD) with the new design. The fab required is also lessened.

I've also got a large re-stock of CNC parts on their way along with a few new parts for the E30 & E36 chassis. This is due to be available in a few weeks time.
                Last edited by AussieE46M3; 05-18-2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieE46M3 View Post
                  Hey Maxhouse97,

Looks like a few people beat me to it but my email address is: cayn@cmpautoengineering.com

Feel free to shoot me an email with any questions you have. I'm always available to chat.
                  Can confirm this. I sent Cayn an email last night and got a response super quick.

FYI: Australian post isn't updating their tracking. They listed my stuff as still in Australia but it is actually on route to my house and scheduled to arrive this Friday.
                  Cayn told me to put the Australian post tracking number into the USPS tracking site and sure enough it had better info.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Clever bracing change!
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Great thanks Cayn
                      ‘04 M3

Comment

Hey Maxhouse97,

I've got x15 6-Point Race Brace's in stock now however, the website has not yet been updated to reflect this as I need to update the image for it.

The brace has recently underdone a fairly thorough re-design which has reduced the total weight by a little over 2kg (4.4LB) however, I tweaked a few things and increased the rigidity at the strut mounts to retain similar performance.

Here's a sneak peak of the new design. The plate section is acting in tension and thus wont buckle.

Click image for larger version Name:	6PRB_CAD_Revision_hld4ks.png Views:	0 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	26308

The price is also going to be reduced from $650 Aud to $599 Aud ($390 USD) with the new design. The fab required is also lessened.

I've also got a large re-stock of CNC parts on their way along with a few new parts for the E30 & E36 chassis. This is due to be available in a few weeks time.
                        Reduced 2kg, but, what's the total weight? And why so much?

Comment

Hey Maxhouse97,

Click image for larger version Name:	6PRB_CAD_Revision_hld4ks.png Views:	0 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	26308

Great design!!

How did you reduce the amount of Fab work? What's required now to get it installed. Looking to do something like this ASAP.
                          Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Reduced 2kg, but, what's the total weight? And why so much?
                            Total weight is now ~6kg down from 8.05kg.

The previous design had triangulation between the struts and beam mounts creating an X in the centre.

The tube is entirely 1.5" and 2.6mm wall (CAMS spec roll cage tube). Although the design is quite minimal now, the tube still possess some weight.

How did you reduce the amount of Fab work? What's required now to get it installed. Looking to do something like this ASAP.
                            The X bracing I mentioned above required a lot more welding than the plate in the centre does. Although less, it is still sold in kit form and requires welding.

The brace is built atop the two other reinforcements I offer. I'll link them below.

Topside beam kit: https://cmpautoengineering.com/colle...pside-beam-kit

Front Mount Extension kit: https://cmpautoengineering.com/colle...-reinforcement

Comment

Hey Maxhouse97,

Is this a replacement/alternative to the original design, or an addition? Seems like it's no longer transferring the load into the frame rails, but instead to the shock towers...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X