Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw plug for S54 head needed

Hi everyone,

This week I am resurrecting an old project from 2017 because my parents are selling the house! (and it's long overdue)

When I got my engine back from the machine shop there were two screw plugs that I never got back, I've pointed it out in red in the image below. I ordered part #11127838066 and that turned out to be the one by the blue arrow and not the one I needed. I could not find these called out on realoem or any other info on them otherwise. A part number would be perfect but any info would be appreciated because these things are a show stopper right now.

Attached Files

Don't see any images. First post in 4 years, congrats!

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Whoops! I added photos to the original post. I think the last time the car was running the old forum was still around.

Comment

They could come with the entire head. You might need to find a pair from a bad cylinder head or call someone who services these cylinder heads regularly.

Comment

The S62 comes with a very similar looking plug at the back of the head. Don’t take this as the truth, just a suggestion!

Part 16 in the diagram linked above.
          E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
          E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
          E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post
            The S62 comes with a very similar looking plug at the back of the head. Don’t take this as the truth, just a suggestion!

Part 16 in the diagram linked above.
            Good find and worth a try. A part like this could be similar to the oil pressure relief valves found in the cams. BMW does not have a part number for those for the S54, but the S62 ones supposedly work on the S54 cams.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, that S62 part isn't the one because M10 is going to be too small. I went to the hardware store to pick up some screws with different thread sizes and pitches to at least find out what thread I'm dealing with. The best fit was a M12x1.25 but it would start to get stuck after a few rotations. Monday morning I am going to make a few phone calls to shops that deal with s54 heads specifically, so hopefully I will have some useful information to share tomorrow.

Comment

I have a pair of those. If you need them shoot me a message and I can get them out to you.

Comment

Originally posted by impulse! View Post
                  Thanks for the suggestions, that S62 part isn't the one because M10 is going to be too small. I went to the hardware store to pick up some screws with different thread sizes and pitches to at least find out what thread I'm dealing with. The best fit was a M12x1.25 but it would start to get stuck after a few rotations. Monday morning I am going to make a few phone calls to shops that deal with s54 heads specifically, so hopefully I will have some useful information to share tomorrow.
                  oil drain plug is M12x1.5 maybe they used the same pitch here?

Comment

Working...
                  X