Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just replaced both front lower control arms and lollipops with OEM rubber bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just replaced both front lower control arms and lollipops with OEM rubber bushings

The old lollipops were in great shape because they only had 15,000 miles on them, but ALL the ball joints on both arms were dry and shot. They were not rattling around loose, but getting there. .The car was scary loose at speeds.

I feel I have a brand new car now! My 2005 Cabrio only has 77K miles on it. But, for years now I was chasing straight line stability issues. I thought the alignment maybe not enough toe-in. Nope. I thought it could be the coil overs..Not them either. I was at a loss..... until my stability got scary bad.
    I knew then, that those arms needed to go.

Enter Doug from Turner Motorsports. He quickly placed what I needed in my cart in my Turner account. M Power arms and Lemforder lollops with OEM bushings already pressed in. No other discount was needed, because the both arms cost what the Stealer wanted for ONE arm. I paid $110 for Two Day Shipping that actually took only TWO days!

Get this. The nasty black grease that BMW used in 2005 in my CV joints was so cheap that it had turned to water basically after 16 years. The ball joints on my old arms were bone dry, despite the boots being intact.

I have a tub of Redline CV-2 FULL SYNTHETIC sticky stringy grease. But, when I opened one of the boots on the new arm, I was pleased to see it full of clear synthetic grease that looked like the brand Super Lube. Not as good as CV-2, but a huge improvement over the crappy black grease they used to use. I did not bother with the CV-2 grease since the ball joints were full of a good synthetic grease already.

My car now feels so solid at speed!! I realize that all my front lower control arm ball joints were heavily worn years ago. Probably when they had only 40K miles on them. I95 and terrible SE Florida roads (plus cheap ball joint grease) wore those arms out FAST!!
Working...
X