BBS RI-A Staggered Fitment Advice 

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS RI-A Staggered Fitment Advice 

Hey Guys - been thinking on this a bit and looking to replace my street Apex FL-5 (18 x 9 et 30 fronts & 18x10 et 25 rears ) with these specs:

RIA 07 in DSK silver - 18x8.5 et 34 for front and RIA 08 in DSK silver - 18x9.5 et 23

Im assuming these will clear my Brembo GT 355/345 front/rear also without spacers but wondering if the experts on here have an opinions on the sizes/offsets of these RIAs with the same PS4S or Cup 2s in 245/40 and 275/35 as I run on the Apex now.

id like it to look the same if possible: Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0794.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.2 KB ID:	260448
    Attached Files

How have I never heard of those wheels before!? The looks great/strong/light!

... according to BBS's fitment guide, they will not clear the 355mm Brembo GTs. I don't know if that's actually true, as it seems unlikely BBS tried all brake options on a 20 year old chassis. They sure LOOK like they would have good brake clearance. Which if they did, would be amazing-- there finally would be a compromise free 18" street wheel for this car.
    BBS of America is the sole distributor of BBS products for the United States and Canada. The headquarters is located in Braselton Georgia, adjacent to the famous Road Atlanta race track.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I know - they looked incredibly light and simple/strong. I need to find what will clear with no spacers/without looking stupid

Comment

RIA009 18x9.5 et40 should juust fit perfectly up front with a 255/40/18 or 265/35/18 if you don’t have a coil over perch getting in the way. That’s THE perfect front wheel! Now I want M3 front fenders
        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

I'm just gonna say it, if you're going to drop the coin for a set of brand new BBS, go with a more aggressive setup. 9.5 front and 10.5 rear with some camber will look awesome and you'll never regret it. Look at the slicer_m instagram
          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Yeah I want to stay 245/40 and 275/35 though. Ugh

def DONT want spacers

Comment

But 255/285 seems insane

Comment

Technical Details: Forged Monoblock Construction #SystemSpec fitment Recommended fitment for: E46 M3 / E9x M3 / + more. Will work with a variety of other vehicles as well. Please reach out to us if unsure about compatibility. (2) 18x9.5 +23 / (2) 18x10.5 +22 / 5x120 Finish: Diamond Silver Valvestems Included + Centerca
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

245 and 275 are perfect for 9.5 and 10.5s
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                    245 and 275 are perfect for 9.5 and 10.5s
                    Ok so what offsets ?

Comment

Ahh I see the link - those offsets would clear the Brembos in front without spacers you think? I’m in TCK DA fronts so I’m uncertain if I’d run into perch clearance issues?

Ian?

Comment

Turn your wheel full lock and take a photo of your tire and perch clearance, ideally with a scale in the photo. Then go with the highest offset you can get away with fitting
                        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
                          Ahh I see the link - those offsets would clear the Brembos in front without spacers you think? I’m in TCK DA fronts so I’m uncertain if I’d run into perch clearance issues?

Ian?
                          I am quite sure they would clear, but actually Apex has a whole bible of fitment questions and answers on their website. TC Klein should be considered high clearance and have no issue clearing the spring with a wheel like the BBS RI-A in a 9.5 ET23. BBK, same. Expect to run some camber though, probably -3 degrees in the front. You can contact System Motorsports or Slicer Paddock and ask them, those guys are both BBS dealers and they will know the answers 100% and they have a good gallery of different wheel fitments to show.
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

If you want a nice flush fitment, no spacers, no aggressive camber I would do the following.

18x9.5 et27 245/40/18
                            18x10.5 et25 275/35/18

This is the spec I'm running but with wider tires. They're beautiful wheels btw!

2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                              I'm just gonna say it, if you're going to drop the coin for a set of brand new BBS, go with a more aggressive setup. 9.5 front and 10.5 rear with some camber will look awesome and you'll never regret it. Look at the slicer_m instagram
                              Brian, ignore this— your original sizes are both functionally better and what you personally will be happier with 😜

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X