Subframe Reinforcement References in SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subframe Reinforcement References in SoCal

Unfortunately the shop has found some cracks in my RACP, so now it's time to do the work i was hoping to hold off for a bit longer, As i wanted to tackle vanos first.

The shop i went to seems to know their stuff, but i would like to know what other shops in SoCal have some good work, just to compare prices what this job costs.

I did get a quote for topside and underside reinforcements which is what i want to do, price was seemed ok, but was a little more than i expected.

Since there are visible cracks now i understand that this will cost more than just preventative work.

Ultimately the plan with the car is going to be a street car with mainly spirited canyon drives and an occasional track day.
    Last edited by elrichmeister; 04-08-2024, 02:22 PM.

Bullett Performance (in Costa Mesa)
    Lang Racing (Lake Forest)
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

There's so many socal, we are spoiled. But hit up kaiv in SD. He's pretty well known and trusted.

​​​There's also Matt from Tech Craft in Irwindale (IG @techcraftperformance)

Comment

^ Thanks for the mention! Much appreciated 🙏
        IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
        A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
        Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
        Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
        Touring S62 6MT
        Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Kaiv. Great price and service.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

+1 for Kaiv. Great work and provides updates during the process which is a huge win

Comment

Thanks for the references everyone, time to give out my wallet 😓, but at least i wont have to worry about the RACP anymore

Comment

Another vote for Kaiv. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

2004 Imola Red M3 Coupe
                Dinan Section 3 - Euro Section 1 - Megan Headers - AKG Subframe Plates - Apex ARC-8 - ZCP Brake Rotors & Calipers - ZCP Steering Rack - ST Coilovers - CSL Rep Front Bumper - Seibon CSL Rep Trunk - Avin Avant 4

Comment

Another vouch for kaiv

Comment

Check out Leichtbau in Costa Mesa. Byron is an amazing fabricator and tackles these all the time.

Comment

Is this something that can be busted out on the same day?

Comment

Not likely. The physical work notwithstanding, there is some drying/curing time for whatever you use to seal and coat things up with before you can reassemble and drive away. Plus there are some things you really should do while you're in there, like replace subframe mounts, other worn out bushings, etc...
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I had Lang Racing in Irvine do mine in 2016 (looks like he's moved his shop since then). Where can I see pics of what Kaiv's work looks like. Lang did a pretty good job but in my humble opinion, they were a bit sloppy with the seam sealer/protection coating - that would be my only complaint. I think the difference between good and great is in the finish work. Reddish Motorsports in the UK seem to set the bar for this sort of thing. Anyone can prep and tig the plates it's making it look nice that's the trick.

Comment

His IG page linked in his sig up above ^

Comment

Originally posted by RC Fresh View Post
                              His IG page linked in his sig up above ^
                              Got it. IG should have been obvious to me but I'm an old man hence why I still use these message boards lol... I'll see if I can check out IG.

Comment

Working...
                              X