Subframe Reinforcement References in SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmrdvr View Post
    I had Lang Racing in Irvine do mine in 2016 (looks like he's moved his shop since then). Where can I see pics of what Kaiv's work looks like. Lang did a pretty good job but in my humble opinion, they were a bit sloppy with the seam sealer/protection coating - that would be my only complaint. I think the difference between good and great is in the finish. Anyone can prep and tig the plates it's making it look nice that's the trick.
    I wouldn’t worry much about how pretty it looks to it being done correctly.
    It was maybe five years ago but something that stood out about Lang was they offered lifetime warranty on this job. Many others do not. It may have changed, but nice peace of mind. Lang also makes their own plates, that even some shops in SoCal use.

As for Kaiv, he use to do my valve jobs some 12 yrs ago. He was extremely thorough and I’m sure his work down in SD is properly done.
    Last edited by old///MFanatic; 04-15-2024, 12:17 PM.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Agreed. I have no doubt it was done correctly; however, I think the finishing is important as well especially if you're comparing two competent shops. I actually traveled 2000 miles to have them do the repair as I was looking nationally so that says something about my confidence in them. One of the things they did (which I appreciated) was inspecting the top of the mount. This requires holes to be cut in the floor but to me was worth it. They did a very nice job cutting those holes. Again, not throwing shade at them overall, just giving some honest feedback about my experience. Most probably don't care but I think there are some discerning people out there that might. My filler neck can no longer be secured to the body [with the plastic nut near the right rear mount] because of the excess seam sealer - this is minor but annoying nonetheless.

Comment

Maybe late to the party but I have to also vouch for kaiv. I dropped my car off with him for the "big 3" and ended up with a pretty extensive refresh of a car that I had brought from a cold weather climate. All the work was meticulously performed and documented, with full transparency. Not knocking the other shops, just happy with the service I received on my car.

Comment

Just an update to this.
          I ended scheduling some time with kaiv and brought to car down to SD. Ended up doing bottom side reinforcements, rebuilding vanos, and diff bushings.
          Kaiv is very thorough and takes pictures and documents his process for you and sends you updates. Super cool and really appreciate this level of detail. Anyone in SoCal area should consider taking their car to Kaiv.

The car feels better than it ever has, the vanos needed some help. It also feels very solid with the work done to rear end.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated! 😊
            IG: @limited.slip

Imola Red E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
            Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
            Alpine White 1 Series M
            A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ E̶4̶6̶ 3̶2̶5̶i̶ T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶5̶4̶ 6̶M̶T̶
            T̶i̶t̶a̶n̶i̶u̶m̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ E̶3̶9̶ 5̶4̶0̶i̶ M̶-̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ​T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶6̶2̶ 6̶M̶T̶

Comment

Working...
            X