My 2005 M3 = Pre Sale Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2005 M3 = Pre Sale Questions

Before I List my car for sale, I am curious if I should add the AKG Racing shifter I purchased or keep the stock shifter? I added headers and wonder if I should invest in a good muffler such as a Supersprint for resale or keep it stock. Opinions are appreciated.

Stock
    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Stock, or near stock, will give you the largest buying audience.

Comment

98% of mods do not add value. Stock.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

OEM+ (i.e., near stock). I do think that some reversible mods are helpful (non-monetary value) if they improve aesthetics within a largely stock appearance (e.g., like tasteful wheels, slightly lowered etc.)...but that's my buying preference.

Comment

If you still have all the stock parts, I would put the car back to stock as much as you can. Sell the car, then sell the parts.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
              98% of mods do not add value. Stock.
              Said every buyer (liar) lol. "Yeah mr. seller, I'm sorry but that $4000 supersprint system, custom tune and $3500 CSL intake is exactly what I'm looking for but you know, they don't add any value to the car so I'm offering 4k below book, is that cool?" . Tasteful mods that the buyer wants will increase the value to them (whether they admit it or not) but not to someone that wants a stock car and the buyer that wants the mods will never admit to wanting them because you know, they are an expert negotiationator. Fact is, if I found a car with high quality mods it would absolutely add value to it over one that was stock in identical condition/miles. It won't be 100% of the value of the mods but it will be an percentage related to age/condition.
              But for the OP, I wouldn't get new mods just to help the car sell, that will backfire.
              YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Said every buyer (liar) lol. "Yeah mr. seller, I'm sorry but that $4000 supersprint system, custom tune and $3500 CSL intake is exactly what I'm looking for but you know, they don't add any value to the car so I'm offering 4k below book, is that cool?" . Tasteful mods that the buyer wants will increase the value to them (whether they admit it or not) but not to someone that wants a stock car and the buyer that wants the mods will never admit to wanting them because you know, they are an expert negotiationator. Fact is, if I found a car with high quality mods it would absolutely add value to it over one that was stock in identical condition/miles. It won't be 100% of the value of the mods but it will be an percentage related to age/condition.
                But for the OP, I wouldn't get new mods just to help the car sell, that will backfire.
                YMMV.
                "Amen"
                2002 M3 | 1986 R80 | 2001 EuroVan

Comment

Calculating the amount modifications add to the resale value of car is very easy: For every $1k of modifications on a car, add $0 to resale value.

Comment

Working...
                  X