Help me assemble a brake package.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me assemble a brake package.

It’s time to replace the rotors and pads. I’m looking for opinions/options. For a car that sees spirited runs on backroads.

which OEM+ style rotors, pads, brake lines and fluid does everyone recommend? Any best bang for your buck options out there?

thanks forum bros.

I've been happy with my Zimmermans and PFC Z-rated pads. Great on daily driving, not the worst dust I've had. They hold up on canyon drives quite well, only thing is they start getting noisy when hot. Fade has been minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
      I've been happy with my Zimmermans and PFC Z-rated pads. Great on daily driving, not the worst dust I've had. They hold up on canyon drives quite well, only thing is they start getting noisy when hot. Fade has been minimal.
      I have the exact same setup and the exact same opinion.

Comment

Which between these two do you have?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MotorSportThree View Post

Which between these two do you have?
          I have the standard (blank) rotors.

Comment

I have the standard (blank) rotors.
            Thanks man.

Comment

I too run the standard blanks (Gen BMW) FR/RR, and BMW pads. I did use the CSL pads up front this time and noticed an improvement in bite from what was on the car before (I think Textars, from previous owner) but also increase in dust; but not bad. I just drive on the street and some fun back road driving. The stock setup is adequate for that. I would suggest you maybe replace your caliper guide pin bushings (and pins, if corroded) while are you in there.

Comment

Working...
              X