• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger SEAT back/recliner broken

Hi everyone,

so i have a really weird issue…

i have electric power seats

out of nowhere my passenger seat BACK/recliner no longer stays locked in place. All the electrical functions work but when you apply pressure to it (sit down) it seems to break the lock or gear or whatever holds it in place and completely falls backwards and stays floppy. And at that point the back does not respond to the button.

if you then move it, you can click it back into the position and it moves with the button and so on UNTIL you apply pressure and it breaks out again.

Simultaneously, it also stopped latching onto the “bottom” part, not sure how this is called but the part that allows it to move upwards/diagonally for passengers to access the back seat

any tips?
    Last edited by MTL_ZCP; 04-15-2024, 05:26 PM.

I bought a passenger seat for a project; I wanted the leather cover. If you want, I'll sell you the seat base if you don't wanna fiddle with it, you cover the shipping cost, but it isn't too heavy.

Or, if you figure out what's broken, I can take off whatever piece and ship it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
      I bought a passenger seat for a project; I wanted the leather cover. If you want, I'll sell you the seat base if you don't wanna fiddle with it, you cover the shipping cost, but it isn't too heavy.

Or, if you figure out what's broken, I can take off whatever piece and ship it to you.

sweet, thank you! I will likely take you up on that offer! Just gotta figure out which piece it is

Comment

So good news it’s fixed!! I posted this same question on FB and someone happened to know what to do.

I’m attaching the screenshot of the exact steps to take. I thought it was a joke but it’s 100% legit LOL somehow it worked on the first attempt for me.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X