Hubcentric Rings for BBS RIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubcentric Rings for BBS RIA

Hey all - I pulled the trigger on a set of BBS RIA and was told the rings included will make these hibcentric but will fit fine without them. I don’t recall ever using them on wheels in the past and wondered if they are essential on install

I would absolutely NOT run a hub-centric wheel without required centering rings. You will drive yourself mad chasing vibration. Modern BBS wheels all include a hub-centric ring AND wire retaining ring that is specific to BBS wheels. It is called "PFS" (precision fit system) in BBS-speak. They are easily and inexpensively available online if you have the wrong rings.

RI-A's are nice wheels, don't cheap out and do the right thing.

Originally posted by BBS USA
    The PFS kits (Precision Fitment System) provided with every BBS wheel are to insure exact and precise fitments for a particular vehicle/wheel application. We use machined billet aluminum rings that are machined to the exact hub diameter as the vehicle they are to be used for.

These PFS kits have been used by BBS since 1996 without a single issue. These are not cheap plastic rings, as some companies use, nor are they cheap Chinese hub rings with sloppy tolerances. Our PFS rings go into the back of the wheel and are then secured with a lock-ring, ultimately making them a part of the wheel and making every wheel, then, Hubcentric to their respective application. These rings and the use of these rings is 100% safe and is approved for use by the TUV (Technischer Überwachungsverein – in English – Technical Inspection Association) of Germany.

The TUV has some of the most strict and stringent safety guidelines of any country in the world. Wheels and wheel accessories NOT approved by the TUV are illegal and unable to be used on Germany roadways.

Comment

Yes ok sounds great - the rings were sent with the wheels so all good. I was just unaware of what PFS was exactly. Definitely not cheaping out or trying to. Thanks again for the clarification

Comment

Did you get the 18" 8.5/9.5? In for pics

Comment

10 in rears actually but same fronts

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0901.png
Views:	120
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	261482

Attached Files

Comment

I’m surprised they aren’t already a 72.5mm center bore wheel, but if not, definitely use the rings.
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Came with them Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0913.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	261528
              Attached Files

Comment

They're gonna look so awesome, but getting an 8.5 in the front is just criminal

Comment

Originally posted by ejendow View Post
                  They're gonna look so awesome, but getting an 8.5 in the front is just criminal
                  The CSL front wheel is 8.5 Click image for larger version

Name:	1shifty.gif
Views:	92
Size:	301 Bytes
ID:	261562

Comment

I’m not changing camber to fit wheels and tires. If they had an18x9 et in the right range to clear my Brembo GT caliper in front of maybe have gone with that.

Comment

Also I noticed the hubcentric rings are 72.6 - isn’t it 72.5 for our hubs ? I’m confused

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
                        Also I noticed the hubcentric rings are 72.6 - isn’t it 72.5 for our hubs ? I’m confused
                        It's 72.6mm

Comment

Ok nice !

Comment

Make sure you put the hubcentric rings in correctly. The thick ring with the tapered edge goes into the wheel first and the side with the right angle notch is exposed on the outside for the ring/clip. It should lock into place and you'll never have to worry about the rings coming off during wheel removal. Almost set it and forget it.
                            2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Nice - I’m sure there are instructions online ? I’ll make a note of that though

Comment

Working...
                              X