Calling the Offset Experts - Dinan Champion Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling the Offset Experts - Dinan Champion Wheels

Question for the collective. May have line on set of E46 Dinan Champion wheels. If I decide to buy will I have fitment issues? Wheels are front 19x9, +48 and 19x9.5 +45. Car currently has OEM Comp wheels, 19x8 +47 and 19x9.5 +27. Currently running 235/35 and 255/30 tires.

Bonus question - best tire sizes. The wheels Dinan sells today for the E46 they recommend 265/30 and 275/30, while on the Champions they rec'd 275/285. TIA.
    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

You're going to want to run a 20mm rear spacer for approximate factory spec, 25mm if you want a little more flush, and probably a front spacer of 10-15mm but that's more subjective looks wise. Some front spacer may be required depending on brakes and what suspension you have. 9 ET48 is going to be a bout half an inch closer to the suspension than 8 ET47. Plan on extended wheel bolts or studs as well.

I would ignore those tire recommendations, for a 9-inch front and 9.5-inch rear, I personally would just go with a 235 front and 265 rear.
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

FWIW those are the regular 3 series Dinan wheels, the ones for the M3 are 9.5" front and 10" rear. You can make the smaller ones fit with spacers, but the actual M3 wheels were designed for our chassis.

F: 19x9.5 ET45
      R: 19x10 ET35​

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Alloy Wheel Fitment, Tyre Stretch, Rolling Radius & Speedo Error Calculator - https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Comment

never understood the desire for these wheels, they ugly ugly

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
            never understood the desire for these wheels, they ugly ugly
            Weight. They are very light for the time they were produced.

They look very good (subjective) in the correct e46 m3 offsett.
            Last edited by ZiMMie; 04-18-2024, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Appreciate the replies.
              Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Working...
              X