No announcement yet.

Subframe Reinforment Cost too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to come to the Bay Area I have a BNIB Reddish V3 kit and can direct you to a good shop to install it.
    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by bhoom_S54 View Post

I got fam in Bay area..maybe a trip from Portland to Bay to San Diego.
      Hit up kaiv and see if he can get you slotted in! Spring is in full bloom here.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

That is fine, but don't use poly. Just don't, particularly on a street car. Also should add I'm assuming your RACP isn't completely screwed with major cracks.
        I am not exactly sure how things really are under there but I have not heard any noises. This was going to be just a preventative measure. Im currently looking at CMP kits as bmwfnatic mentioned above. If Im going to get this done, I want the upper to be reinforced as well. I appreciate all the info!

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
          If you want to come to the Bay Area I have a BNIB Reddish V3 kit and can direct you to a good shop to install it.
          is this just extra that you have? My brother is in RWC and I can have him come take a look but I am still looking all the kits. I may go the CMP route. Ill keep you posted.

Comment

Not sure if this helps at all as I'm not located in your area (I'm from MA) but I had my subframe reinforced last year along with some other stuff done. This is what I ended up paying for the work.

Labor: Subframe Reinforcement Labor - CMP Plates $2,100.00
            Swap Differential Carrier - Transfer differential, Ground Control control arms, trailing arms, axles,
            new differential cover
            $375.00
            Remove & Replace Subframe Bushings - CMP $180.00
            Remove & Replace Trailing Arm Bushings - CMP Monoball $150.00
            Remove & Replace Rear Stabilizer Bar - Ground Control $30.00
            Remove & Replace Left and Right CV Axle Assembly - Customer also has all new hardware for the
            axles, new bolts, and reinforcement plates
            $693.00
            Remove & Replace Left CV Joint Boot (Each) $82.50
            Remove & Replace Right CV Joint (Each) $82.50
            Parts: Brake Fluid 1 Liter - 03-9901-6202-2 $32.55
            Exh. Man. to Pipe Gasket - 11 62 7 830 668 $46.36
            CV Joint Gasket - 26 11 1 229 503 $8.11
            Gear Oil 75W-140 GL-5 1QT - 57914 $72.72
            Axle Nut - 33 41 1 133 785 $30.06
            Subtotal $3,882.80 + est. Tax $11.86 $3,894.66​
            2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Yeah about that...........
              OK - no harm, no foul. You might also want to check AAF in Spokane. They build SPEC E46 race cars and do this type of reinforcement all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by S54330Ci View Post

OK - no harm, no foul. You might also want to check AAF in Spokane. They build SPEC E46 race cars and do this type of reinforcement all the time.

https://advancedautofab.com
                I'm talking to AMS Auto group in Tacoma. Are these the same people or are you talking about Advanced Auto Fabrication Racing (AAF)?

Comment

I'm talking to AMS Auto group in Tacoma. Are these the same people or are you talking about Advanced Auto Fabrication Racing (AAF)?
                  Yes, Advanced Auto Fabrication Racing (AAF) in Spokane.

I have not personally worked with them, however when I am at PIR participating with Cascade Sports Car Club in their HPDE days, there is usually a CSSC race that weekend. AAF fields / supports numerous SPEC E30 and SPEC E46 cars so I've had a chance to look at their work. Seems like they field well-prepped cars.
                  Last edited by S54330Ci; 05-02-2024, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S54330Ci View Post

Yes, Advanced Auto Fabrication Racing (AAF) in Spokane.

I have not personally worked with them, however when I am at PIR participating with Cascade Sports Car Club in their HPDE days, there is usually a CSSC race that weekend. AAF fields / supports numerous SPEC E30 and SPEC E46 cars so I've had a chance to look at their work. Seems like they field well-prepped cars.
                    oops didint even see the link you had attached. thought it was an ad I will definetly check them out as Im still weeding out my options. Im in no hurry since my car doesnt have the cracks yet but Id rather get this done so I dont have to worry about it.

Comment

Which shop?

Comment

I was going to suggest Silicon Valley Beamer, Dennis did my CMP upper and DMG RACP brace.

I can tell you who NOT to take it to as well lol
                        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                          If you want to do a vacation, Kaiv does the subframe for $1800ish here in San Diego.
                          Thank you Riley <3

OP: FWIW I have plenty of people send and/or bring their M3 from out of state and I am always happy to work with scheduling to make the process as seemless and convenient as possible.

My base (lower) RACP reinforcement procedure + upper chassis rails runs ~ a thousand less (parts and labor) than that quote you got. With that said, I can install any plate and mount combo that you desire.

Whatever you end up doing, please, don't go with the Bimmerworld kit. I've seen credit cards bigger and thicker than those dinky plates!
                          IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                          A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                          Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                          Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                          Touring S62 6MT
                          Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post

Thank you Riley <3

OP: FWIW I have plenty of people send and/or bring their M3 from out of state and I am always happy to work with scheduling to make the process as seemless and convenient as possible.

My base (lower) RACP reinforcement procedure + upper chassis rails runs ~ a thousand less (parts and labor) than that quote you got. With that said, I can install any plate and mount combo that you desire.

Whatever you end up doing, please, don't go with the Bimmerworld kit. I've seen credit cards bigger and thicker than those dinky plates!
                            I shipped my car from Denver to kaiv in San Diego back in October to complete numerous things, including subframe reinforcement. His work and attention to detail are superb and he is a genuine and honest person to boot - hard to find nowadays! Highly recommend if you’re willing to send the car off.

Comment

Its easy to spot the good shops. How? They don't run from forums and drop some knowledge here and there. kaiv George Hill . Gotta have thick skin and a good track record to show your head in these parts. LoL. Isn't to say they have to be here but it certainly speaks volumes, at least to me. No if only I had somebody not 1000s of miles away so I could increase my laziness.
                              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I was going to suggest Silicon Valley Beamer, Dennis did my CMP upper and DMG RACP brace.

I can tell you who NOT to take it to as well lol
                                Thoughts on Performance Technique in Fremont?

I got charged ~$7000 for complete subframe R&R, welded plates in underneath and did the top side Vince Bar Reinforcement (I was their first customer with a Vince Bar install). I paid a premium but how bad did I get the FU price?

Comment

Working...
                                X