No announcement yet.

Subframe Reinforment Cost too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Technic is good. That price seems a tad bit high, but I'd rather pay more and know it's done correctly.
    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
      Performance Technic is good. That price seems a tad bit high, but I'd rather pay more and know it's done correctly.
      Similar thoughts, I didn't have the garage space to tackle it by myself and wanted it done right with accountability.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

Thoughts on Performance Technique in Fremont?

I got charged ~$7000 for complete subframe R&R, welded plates in underneath and did the top side Vince Bar Reinforcement (I was their first customer with a Vince Bar install). I paid a premium but how bad did I get the FU price?
        I was right at 7k also but had it done at Bimmerworks by a trusted local guy who is just incredible in his attention to detail - they still have this up for some reason :

Comment

Been thinking about getting this done eventually. Question to the experts - how much difference does the extra panel make that BMW added late in production? Redish video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNhI_wmFgOg TIA for any thoughts.
          Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

I shipped my car from Denver to kaiv in San Diego back in October to complete numerous things, including subframe reinforcement. His work and attention to detail are superb and he is a genuine and honest person to boot - hard to find nowadays! Highly recommend if you’re willing to send the car off.
            Thank you Matt! It was a pleasure taking care of your beautiful IB ZCP, hope you're enjoying it!
            IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
            A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
            Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
            Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
            Touring S62 6MT
            Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
              Been thinking about getting this done eventually. Question to the experts - how much difference does the extra panel make that BMW added late in production? Redish video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNhI_wmFgOg TIA for any thoughts.
              It pretty much prevents the crack where the left rear point folds downwards, which is the generally the first place where the car starts to crack.

This plastic block is essentially just symptom treating much like the reinforcement plates are, another point (the left rear arch joint) will just become the next weak link.

E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
              E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
              E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Its no secret that to do it right there's a lot of work involved and much of it sucks, haha.

My experience comparing my approach to other shops is that everyone seems to have there own idea on how to go about this work and so its very hard to compare one vs the other just by looking at a total number.

And every single RACP I've repaired we've added something to the project whether it be bushings, ball joints, full refresh, etc, the "might as wells" really can add up.
                '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Working...
                X