Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been gone a while... what's new? (parts, maintenance, general forum stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been gone a while... what's new? (parts, maintenance, general forum stuff)

I stopped frequenting the forums several years ago as life started getting hectic. I also started neglecting the m3 a bit, and while it's mostly been parked it could use a little maintenance to get it lookin shiny again. As I've been absent from the forums, I have no idea if anything new is going on with these cars. At the time I bailed american racing headers were just becoming a thing, and I think we were starting to see Vince subframe kits become available. Recent searches tell me that Apex now makes forged wheels and that there may be some new big brake options. Also, it seems the old m3forum has shut down (what happened there?), so I can't just browse the last few years to see what's been going on.

So anyway, can anyone fill me on anything important I've missed regarding parts, maintenance, or general forum stuff? I'd hate to start refurbishing my car only to find I am using old outdated stuff. Much appreciated.

ARH sucks
    TTFS sucks
    Erryone has an airbox and e85
    topside RACP reinforcement or die
    Besian makes even more vanos products!

Might help to be more specific Welcome back
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

• CSL trunks are now available to the masses at (somewhat) reasonable prices.
      • An LSB E46 M3 with some OE CSL parts shattered all records and sold for $90k.
      • OE interior parts for this car are now ludicrously expensive to buy new
      • MileEnd Composites is a new player on the scene producing quality reproduction CSL parts, after Vorsteiner and other brands stopped making them
      '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
      '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
      '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
      '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

SG and Streamline got their records expunged.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          ARH sucks
          TTFS sucks
          Really? Everyone was all over their dicks when I left lol. What happened? Is super sprint still the top dog then?

I’ll probably have more specific questions as I get back into things, but some of the other threads might answer those questions. The only other thing that comes to mind right now is that I saw ECS has a bmw performance bbk available now. Is that any good? At that price point I’d have thought the Porsche bbk conversion would’ve disappeared but it seems to still be the predominant low cost bbk choice.

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
          • CSL trunks are now available to the masses at (somewhat) reasonable prices.
          This makes me happy in my pantalones.

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
          SG and Streamline got their records expunged.
          SG as in Status Gruppe? So they’re safe to buy from
          now? Because when I left buying from them usually meant waiting a year for your parts, if you ever even got them at all.

Comment

ARH sucks

Might help to be more specific Welcome back
            Forgive me, why does ARH suck?

2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
            18 R8 RWS.
            19 Vantage
            15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
            Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfuzzybagels View Post

Really? Everyone was all over their dicks when I left lol. What happened? Is super sprint still the top dog then?

I’ll probably have more specific questions as I get back into things, but some of the other threads might answer those questions. The only other thing that comes to mind right now is that I saw ECS has a bmw performance bbk available now. Is that any good? At that price point I’d have thought the Porsche bbk conversion would’ve disappeared but it seems to still be the predominant low cost bbk choice.

This makes me happy in my pantalones.

now? Because when I left buying from them usually meant waiting a year for your parts, if you ever even got them at all.
              SG still blows goats
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

As for the end of M3F, there was an issue with the site (forgot the exact problem) and the owner/host of the site couldn’t put time into it because head was working on his IPO in late March 2020 when the site went down. Terra, Ian, and I think a few others scrambled to put this together and copied over as much as they could before the caches all went away. So it’s a rebuilding process.
                2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

No, everything is still the same with SG. It's just that the death of M3F also brought down the long threads documenting all the fulfillment issues. I bought a SCZA muffler from them last spring, and it was like pulling teeth to get the thing shipped. Probably took them 8 weeks to get an "in stock" item out their door. To top it off, I wasn't really happy with the product either. Replaced it with a Supersprint race and have been much happier since.
                  '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
                  '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
                  '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
                  '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

No, everything is still the same with SG. It's just that the death of M3F also brought down the long threads documenting all the fulfillment issues. I bought a SCZA muffler from them last spring, and it was like pulling teeth to get the thing shipped. Probably took them 8 weeks to get an "in stock" item out their door. To top it off, I wasn't really happy with the product either. Replaced it with a Supersprint race and have been much happier since.
                    Same story with a CSL bumper I had bought. I wanted the two hole version and they only told me I had to do the work myself once I called asking why haven’t I gotten a bumper for 3 months. I just have a CSL bumper with a Secondary hole not molded just lying around as of now. I refuse to buy from there again, it doesn’t take like 3 extra months because your “system was down” and “we changed manufacturers”. Nice bumper though.

Comment

Ah ok gotcha so I’ll definitely be avoiding them still.

Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post

Same story with a CSL bumper I had bought. I wanted the two hole version and they only told me I had to do the work myself once I called asking why haven’t I gotten a bumper for 3 months. I just have a CSL bumper with a Secondary hole not molded just lying around as of now. I refuse to buy from there again, it doesn’t take like 3 extra months because your “system was down” and “we changed manufacturers”. Nice bumper though.
                      Boy, they sure do “change manufacturers” a lot lol. That’s the same thing they told me like 5 years ago for some cats I ordered.

Comment

Ravenol is a thing now, seems like the once loyal fanbase of Liqui Moly moved to them.

Apex made a forged version of their rep wheels and then called out other companies.

ARH sucks.

TTFS got blown up.

There is now like a 3rd option on grabbing Brembo's off another car and using stock rotors.

SGT still sucks balls.

Rod bearings are still an issue, not like wearing but explaining replacing them to the noobs. Still.
                        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                        2005 BMW ///M3
                        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                          Ravenol is a thing now, seems like the once loyal fanbase of Liqui Moly moved to them.

Apex made a forged version of their rep wheels and then called out other companies.

ARH sucks.

TTFS got blown up.

There is now like a 3rd option on grabbing Brembo's off another car and using stock rotors.

SGT still sucks balls.

Rod bearings are still an issue, not like wearing but explaining replacing them to the noobs. Still.
                          What specifically happened to TTFS, I only heard good things on the old forum

Haha rod bearings and 2000s BMW NA M cars are inseparable

Comment

Their special header design was so great, the exact same header could fit an m3 and a 96 toyota tacoma!

Then you do special TTgivenoFukS shoot the moon tune for sick numbers bruh

SSV1 masterrace

Like Sharox said megane, db9, 996. I love 996 and make them, but db9 is nice (still need 996 rear) not sure about megane ones iirc, thats what streemline said would be their kit back in like 17/18. Still might need 996 rears again, not sure /idiocracy
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Their special header design was so great, the exact same header could fit an m3 and a 96 toyota tacoma!

Then you do special TTgivenoFukS shoot the moon tune for sick numbers bruh
                              [/I]
                              lmfao

Comment

Working...
                              X