Avin Avant 4 installation manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avin Avant 4 installation manual?

I purchased a Avin Avant 4 second hand and I’m struggling to make the thing work properly.
    I don’t see auto play app installed and it has android 10 installed.

Does anyone have the instruction manual for installation? I’m also trying to connect a third party back up camera that attaches on the trunk handle but it’s not working with the head unit also. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you purchased it from Avin directly, contact their customer service and they'll give you access to their online install guides. they don't include any paperwork with their unit
    the instructions for setting up AA and a backup cam were there last time i checked

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
      if you purchased it from Avin directly, contact their customer service and they'll give you access to their online install guides. they don't include any paperwork with their unit
      the instructions for setting up AA and a backup cam were there last time i checked
      Unfortunately I purchased it second hand so I doubt I'll get access to their online install guide

Comment

youtube dude, it's got tons of install vids. and you should still be able to setup an account with avinusa.com and get access to their support tools. they've always been pretty good for me and they'll email the APKs necessary. i can't upload APKs here...

Comment

Originally posted by dr_011 View Post
          youtube dude, it's got tons of install vids. and you should still be able to setup an account with avinusa.com and get access to their support tools. they've always been pretty good for me and they'll email the APKs necessary. i can't upload APKs here...
          I've tried using YouTube videos but i can't quite get it to work. Most are of people using navigation unit or with prior android devices. Not sure which apk I need to install. Not sure how to even access CarPlay. Not sure what ACC means, or Key 1? Key 2? IR? I'm sure I don't need most of these wires but I'd still like to know what's what

Dude Avin literally has a lock on their install guide page and you need to have it “activated” by their staff with proof of purchase. Some seriously nasty business model. I've never seen a company hide a installation guide to stop people from buying second hand. And now that I'm reading all of the threads on Avan Avant 4, I am seeing a lot of people having issues with their unit. It's not working properly, customer service is useless, etc. I see why they're guarding the install guide with their life. 😂

This company made a unit that looks really oem. But it appears that's where their accomplishments end.

Comment

Im not sure what youre trying to accomplish exactly, my install option was get rid of this unit…

but, i did install one before so i will try to help if i can

as far as carplay, it depends on which version you have. Wired or wireless. That will dictate how you connect. If you dont see a carplay dongle plugged in, youre wired. So plug a charging cable in and use it hardwired

As for the wiring, give us colors, that will do more. For most stereos they are common. Depending on what kind of stuff youre trying to hook up, it will determine which wires youll need to connect.

the backup camera, at least for my car, needed to be wired to have power going from the unit to the camera. Im not sure what camera youre trying to install, so youll need to let us know that as well. Assuming its the type with a yellow rca plug and a power wire, that should plug in to the back of the unit and then just run it back to the trunk. Its a real pain to do but it works.

happy to help if i can

Comment

Ended up purchasing a $100 replacement CarPlay dongle as the one that came with second hand purchase seems faulty. With this purchase order, I was able to take advantage of the support. They sent me a CarPlay apk. Hopefully this resolves the issue

Comment

Working...
              X