Another which coilover kit to buy question - track heavy/street car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another which coilover kit to buy question - track heavy/street car

I have spent countless hours scouring the forums here and elsewhere trying to make a decision. Background - I own a 2002 6 speed prior owner built as a HPDE car - roll bar, no rear seats, driver/passenger Sparco seats, Turner sways, but ISC street coilovers. I'm an advanced HPDE driver and when I bought the car through Jake Wile's shop in Boston he said I'll quickly outgrow the coilovers. He said if you want to go fast you get MCS. I see a lot of people end up getting multiple different sets of coilovers and I am at the point where I think the ISC kit is worn and holding me back. I have been hesitant to spend $5500 on MSC 2 ways given I don't race and lets face it the driver is the main issue probably. I do drive the car on the street and want to drive it more as it's so fun to drive, but I want something less jarring, but better on the track. I just don't know that I'll notice a $5500 MCS 2 way kit vs a TC Kline 2 way kit for 2 k less and now I went down the rabbit hole of reading about flat ride and fat cat motorsports custom H&R (Bilstein) kits and now I found 3DM custom track day Ohlins kit. I only want to spend the money once. Main goals maybe unrealistic include better track manners and more comfort on the street. Would love your opinions.

Definitely an Ohlins kit thru 3DM since you’re street driving. If it was just a track car I would’ve said MCS. You should schedule a consultation with Barry at 3DM to see what your options are with regards to the Ohlins kit.
    Last edited by SQ13; 07-03-2024, 08:29 PM.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I'm running the 3DM Trackday kit, and it's pretty good. No complaints here. I'm also running the Hotchkis swaybars fwiw.

I notice not many people here are running the AST kit, but for the same price, that's another really really good option.

CSPRacing. The leader in late model GM Performance. We offer tuning, installs, and performance auto parts.
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Working...
      X