S54 head upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 head upgrade

After dissasambling cylinder head and rebuilding my engine i have a lag until my pistons will be produced. My shop is advicing to tune exhaust side ports of cylinder head. Have someone expirience in porting? I've found some info on https://dsportmag.com/the-tech/educa...shim-solution/ and there is a nice +15 CFM increace in "light" porting of exhaust. As i see on forums- intake ports are good designed- which can't be said for the exhaust part.

Avoid anyone who says you should work on the exhaust port before the intake port as they don’t know what they are talking about

Comment

I run a factory P54 head in my car. Not saying I'm an expert, just fyi that's what BMW did:
      - CNC ported intake, a very small step design
      - fine ground combustion chambers and valve seats, surface is very smooth but was not polished
      - ground head surface for higher combustion
      - no work to exhaust channels

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
      2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
      Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
        Avoid anyone who says you should work on the exhaust port before the intake port as they don’t know what they are talking about
        I've found flow chart of stock intake vs stock exhaust vs ported exhaustClick image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	145
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	272121

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post

I've found flow chart of stock intake vs stock exhaust vs ported exhaustClick image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	145
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	272121
          there is no question there are gains to be had, but that’s not the “issue”. It’s about what the engine actually needs to make more power and more flowbench cfm on the exhaust port is not high on the list

Comment

Working...
          X