No announcement yet.

Hagerty: BMW Finally Nailed the American M3 Market with the E46 Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watch the carmudgeon podcast that Derek Tam Scott is on. If it wasn't for the other dude, I wouldn't watch. He has some weird hang ups concerning cars. He isn't unlikable, just I don't know... I try to keep in mind he has driven almost every important car under the sun and he has a different perspective due to that, but I'm not sure we could hang out.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Knowing what Derek get's to drive regularly, I'm not surprised with his take on the E46.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
        I try to keep in mind he has driven almost every important car under the sun
        That doesn't necessarily mean much. It doesn't mean he's perceptive enough to really understand the differences, it doesn't mean he has any skill. He's not a professional race car driver as far as I know.
        ​​​​​​
        Furthermore, how long did he spend with the car? How many examples has he driven? Did the one particular car have a problem? Does he drive more mid engine and modern cars which are much easier to drive?

It's not like the e46 needs any defending though.

Comment

The e46 m3 exhaust is polarizing. It seems people will hate the entire car's existence simply for that sound alone; just look at that guy, ol' matty and the like. My theory is that if the sound was glorious it would instantly be goated by everybody but then there'd still be people hating for absolutely no reason other than because everyone else likes it.

It's a strange phenomenon and I can't take anyone's opinion seriously if they don't rank it first or second. It's like the rage bait of random "podcasers" who say the gt3 is the most overrated sports car.

I think they just want attention at the end of the day or to be the contrarian with a unique (nonsensical) perspective giving off "I'm different than you guys" vibes. Conversely, if nobody liked the e46 m3 they'd likely be the first to say they do.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            The e46 m3 exhaust is polarizing. It seems people will hate the entire car's existence simply for that sound alone; just look at that guy, ol' matty and the like. My theory is that if the sound was glorious it would instantly be goated by everybody but then there'd still be people hating for absolutely no reason other than because everyone else likes it.

It's a strange phenomenon and I can't take anyone's opinion seriously if they don't rank it first or second. It's like the rage bait of random "podcasers" who say the gt3 is the most overrated sports car.

I think they just want attention at the end of the day or to be the contrarian with a unique (nonsensical) perspective giving off "I'm different than you guys" vibes. Conversely, if nobody liked the e46 m3 they'd likely be the first to say they do.
            Exactly. It's just picking on the popular kid. It's to be expected with the downfall of print magazines, these people aren't really journalists, they're YouTubers.

Comment

The reason they write articles like this is clickbait. Literally that’s why.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
              X