duplicolor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duplicolor

Has anyone used them for a custom color? I might try painting my chipped up bumper..

I've had good luck with automotivetouchup.com for factory paint. If you give them the paint code used I'm sure they can match it. Or you could go to a local paint supply store and have them mix it up for you on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I've had good luck with automotivetouchup.com for factory paint. If you give them the paint code used I'm sure they can match it. Or you could go to a local paint supply store and have them mix it up for you on the spot.
      Whats type did you use? Spray or touch up? I need to do an entire bumper..🙄
      Last edited by ShaunG; 05-26-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I bought the automotivetouchup Titanium Silver (354) spray can, and the color match is pretty good. However, most spray clear coats lack luster and clarity. I tried refinishing my bumper, and it didn't come out great. I ended up buying a Euro front bumper to replace it.

If I was on a budget, I would do the body work myself. I'd fill all the scratches, sand down the bumper, finish it in primer and bring it over to Maaco. They'll paint a bumper for $150-200 and it will be presentable.
        '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
        '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
        '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
        '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
          However, most spray clear coats lack luster and clarity.
          Most acrylic clears require a compound + polish to get rid of the severe orange peel out of the can. I'd recommend Spraymax 2K clear coat. Pricey stuff, but much more durable than acrylic and a decent shine straight out of the can, almost like pro paint jobs

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunG View Post

Whats type did you use? Spray or touch up? I need to do an entire bumper..🙄
            I used spray cans that they mixed for me. Also used the spraymax 2k clear and it looks really good for a rattle can job. The clear is the important part, don’t use junk one part clear out of a can, use a two part like the spraymax and don’t forget to wear a respirator.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I used spray cans that they mixed for me. Also used the spraymax 2k clear and it looks really good for a rattle can job. The clear is the important part, don’t use junk one part clear out of a can, use a two part like the spraymax and don’t forget to wear a respirator.

This man is correct. The spraymax 2k is the way to go if doing a large area. However, practice before you shoot your bumper as this will run like crazy for the uninitiated.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

You guys have me going back and forth!

I can do this whole thing myself and it will be pretty good.. or no, just prep it and have a pro paint it and clear coat!

Comment

Working...
                X