Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bimmferworld vs Rogue Engineering engine mounts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • zivagolee
    replied
    I use these: https://www.moreheadspeedworks.com/p...36-e46-e9x-m3/

    NVH is similar to Rogue's

    Leave a comment:


  • Pklauser
    replied
    Interesting find that they consolidated part numbers between E46 and e9x Ms. Apparently E46 xDrives and M3s also share mounts, huh.

    Leave a comment:


  • eacmen
    replied
    My dedicated track car came with Bimmerworld motor mounts. No issues with them, would recommend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Slideways
    replied
    Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
    Its either stock or solid.

    You can get E92 M3 mounts which I think are a little stiffer and should last as long as your oil pan gasket.

    Actually, solid isn't terrible on the street. Its the poly or solid transmission mounts that make the horrible marbles in a glass jar noise at idle.



    I think Ben from RE started at UUC but they are now different companies. I think RE does well with the stuff he makes, can't comment on the resell stuff.

    But most other companies rebrand chinese crap. Mishimoto - totally guilty. I stay away from the crap from all vendors. If I want cheap chinesium on my car...eBay racing gets my cash!
    E36, E46, E85/6 and E9XM all use the same part number engine mount now.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-12-20 at 10.48.37 AM.png
Views:	462
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	287757

    Yeah, stock for anything other than dedicated track car. Once the car gets to that point, skip straight to solid.

    I would't underestimate the performance of the stock mounts. Stock mounts every 80-100k, 7-10 years is a perfectly reasonable service interval. One can even keep the drivers side mount as a backup and swap it into the passenger side every other change since the passenger side mount is the one that gets compressed the most.

    Leave a comment:


  • bigjae46
    replied
    Its either stock or solid.

    You can get E92 M3 mounts which I think are a little stiffer and should last as long as your oil pan gasket.

    Actually, solid isn't terrible on the street. Its the poly or solid transmission mounts that make the horrible marbles in a glass jar noise at idle.

    Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    RE is UUC. Some decent offerings that are simple enough (trans mounts are great), but most of it is not quality, it's chinese made parts like SGT buy adn resell. My friend found "el diablo" and the "el caliente" edition on alibaba lol. I'll give RE credit for innovation and effort with some of their new offerings, but it's not some big race team or speed shop making everything in house and tested on their race cars, it's like most retail now, buy stuff from China and pretend you made it.
    I think Ben from RE started at UUC but they are now different companies. I think RE does well with the stuff he makes, can't comment on the resell stuff.

    But most other companies rebrand chinese crap. Mishimoto - totally guilty. I stay away from the crap from all vendors. If I want cheap chinesium on my car...eBay racing gets my cash!
    Last edited by bigjae46; 12-20-2024, 07:42 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nate047
    replied
    +1 for the BimmerWorld mounts. My car came with these already installed and I’ve kept them since 2018 and about 30k miles. There is a tiny bit of vibration at idle and low RPM, but TBH these cars rattle and groan and make all sorts of noises anyway so it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

    Leave a comment:


  • powerbait
    replied
    I've had the BW mounts in my e92 for 5-6 years, probably 20k miles. I love them, they are just stiff enough to know they are there but not obnoxious at all. The plan is to put them in my e36 and e46 at some point. I have RE trans mounts in all of the cars except the e92 since it's a DCT and uses a square mount. I went with a Revehift poly, lower durometer, mount since the stocks had sheared in half. You can definitely tell those are there, but not obnoxious either, I like the light vibes I get, nothing buzzing just a pleasant solid connection with the car. I had got a good deal on a set of 034 engine mounts but never put them in due to the poor reviews overall of 034. BW gets a big thumbs up from me, plus they sit the engine 5mm lower too.

    Leave a comment:


  • enjoy_m3
    replied
    Originally posted by 9kracing View Post


    What didn't you like about the VT?

    I have them but only have like 2K miles on them. I have some nasty vibration around 5K rpms on decel though, I'm thinking it's them.
    I bought new VT before. It was great for like a couple thousand miles, then their rubber bushing collapsed, caused more vibrations. And they didn't offer a rebuild kit at the time. What a waste for what looked like a quality product.

    I've used RE trans mounts and was happy. Also used BW motorsport mounts, it was a bit on the aggressive side so I used an OE mount on 1 side and it was a good compromise for my old streetable track car.
    Last edited by enjoy_m3; 12-12-2024, 10:41 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 9kracing
    replied
    Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    RE is UUC. Some decent offerings that are simple enough (trans mounts are great), but most of it is not quality, it's chinese made parts like SGT buy adn resell. My friend found "el diablo" and the "el caliente" edition on alibaba lol. I'll give RE credit for innovation and effort with some of their new offerings, but it's not some big race team or speed shop making everything in house and tested on their race cars, it's like most retail now, buy stuff from China and pretend you made it.
    ^ This

    Leave a comment:


  • Estoril
    replied
    OE

    Leave a comment:


  • Tbonem3
    replied
    RE is UUC. Some decent offerings that are simple enough (trans mounts are great), but most of it is not quality, it's chinese made parts like SGT buy adn resell. My friend found "el diablo" and the "el caliente" edition on alibaba lol. I'll give RE credit for innovation and effort with some of their new offerings, but it's not some big race team or speed shop making everything in house and tested on their race cars, it's like most retail now, buy stuff from China and pretend you made it.

    Leave a comment:


  • George Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
    Their quality is shit, as well as their customer service... A few of us had incidents with one of RE's exhaust in 2024, after stringing pre-orders along for 9+ months, they finally delivered a sub-par piece of shit... I've been burned multiple times by them, so I'm anti RE now.
    What else did you have issues with besides the exhaust?

    Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
    ...like I said there's so many other manufacturers...
    Link to other companies making a similar but superior product? We use their RSMs and Trans Mounts a lot, no issues. Always looking to see if their is something better though

    Leave a comment:


  • 9kracing
    replied
    Originally posted by George Hill View Post

    Whats wrong with RE?

    Their quality is shit, as well as their customer service. Ben is in the business of ripping people off, there's FAR better companies to deal with.

    A few of us had incidents with one of RE's exhaust in 2024, after stringing pre-orders along for 9+ months, they finally delivered a sub-par piece of shit.

    I've been burned multiple times by them, so I'm anti RE now. I just figured I'd pass along the advice, like I said there's so many other manufacturers, there's no reason to take a chance on a shitty company.

    Leave a comment:


  • George Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
    Also OP - stay away from Rogue
    Whats wrong with RE?

    We run their trans mounts almost exclusively and they do pretty well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Advorsor
    replied
    I did the 034 Motorsport ones following some research here and Youtube. Car feels a little more "buttoned-up" with no noticeable difference in NVH. So that gets my vote!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X