E46 M3 S54 Vanos Rebuild Experience - Bad ECS Seals - Use Beisan Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 S54 Vanos Rebuild Experience - Bad ECS Seals - Use Beisan Systems

Wanted to share my experience with recent S54 Vanos rebuild. I do believe the process is easy if you have the right parts, instructions, support and take your time.

I initially ordered the ECS kit and found what they sent to be very confusing- dozens of bags with individual O rings, some of them numbered incorrectly compared to instructions, seemed to match the old parts in size but I did not know for sure. One O ring was even stuck to the outside of a bag. Long story short, the intake piston didnt function properly when I reassembled. I tried to re-time it several times but intake piston did not move.

I eventually rebuilt everything with the Beisan parts and runs perfect now. I also purchased the Beisan exhaust hub, solenoid and oil pump disc, which are very well made. The bags they send with matched rings nested make it very clear how they need to be installed.

Raj at Beisan is very helpful at all hours and highly recommend working with them for any Vanos parts.

I will say I have worked with ECS for many years and they are great at getting any OEM part you need quickly at a great price. I sourced almost everything from them for my SMG to 6 speed swap last summer. They were also very helpful when I called them today and are refunding the cost of their rebuild kit. Point is for this specialized project just use the experts at Beisan.

Agreed on all points. Beisan was great in my experience. ECS has been great for customer service, parts availability (generally) and price. It’s good to read an honest and positive review.

Comment

I agree on this review as well. Raj was very accomodating and helpful when I was ordering all my Beisan Vanos parts

Comment

ECS brand is a hit or miss with items. Their brake rotors are apparently amazing and half the price of other high quality rotors. Bushings have something left to be desired. CSL trunk and bumper were known to never fit right. I replaced a leaking CPV oring and it leaked within a few hundred miles. I guess I'll add vanos seals to the no go list.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
        X