Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HTE tune review

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Zekarus
    replied
    tuned my car two times with hassan. once with stock intake. then with csl intake and tune. had some special whishes that he managed every time. had a problem that he managed to solve. no drivability issues I could think of.

    Leave a comment:


  • CrisSilberGrau
    replied
    HassanEido I expect nothing less. Tuned my car 3 times at different stages. Fourth coming soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • sbay
    replied
    Personal experience with HassanEido is that he has always replied to my WhatsApp message within an hour with detail and direction. Hope it works out for OP…

    Leave a comment:


  • ugaexploder
    replied
    Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
    I've got an HTE tune on my otherwise stock car with complete SSV1 system. I hope to maybe have it tweaked on a dyno but for now, love it. Kudos to you guys that ultimately get these cars running properly on CSL airbox conversions, however. Something I'd love to do, but just seems too much for me to mess with.
    I agree..on top if reading about how the hoses don’t exactly clip in satisfactorily like the oe manifold. and then the whole mess with dipstick..bend or not bend..some folks say you can just rotate it but others say this vibrates on the aux heat pump..definitely turns me off to the idea as all. not sure what’s right or hype sometimes with mods. i probably won’t sell off my Karb intake but im in no rush to install.

    Leave a comment:


  • PSUEng
    replied
    I've got an HTE tune on my otherwise stock car with complete SSV1 system. I hope to maybe have it tweaked on a dyno but for now, love it. Kudos to you guys that ultimately get these cars running properly on CSL airbox conversions, however. Something I'd love to do, but just seems too much for me to mess with.

    Leave a comment:


  • ugaexploder
    replied
    Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    Is your car a factory MT car? Or SMG to 6mt conversion?

    I deal with a lot of peoples tunes both factory and modified and work a lot on my own car.

    Send me a copy of your HTE tune because it sounds an awful lot like a car that has a tune file with a GPS sensor delete issue with the stalling.
    the stalling when coming to a stop definitely sounds like a smg-to-6spd conversion issue. ask me how i know! lol

    it’s just weird that he mentioned it just started happening. before i fixed mine, it would happen randomly, not every time i’d come to a stop. it would also happen more often when my ac was on.

    Leave a comment:


  • HassanEido
    replied
    Guys. If anyone had drivablity issues all you have to do is reach out. Super easy fix. To the OP why didn't you simply tell me I'll happily fix it. I go thru many many cars and I can't follow up on everyone unless they tell me or reach out. I've spent countless hours with people logging and diagnosing issues till stuff is squared out. It's not a cookie cutter nor it needs to. Each car is different and some require logging and custom adjustments. It's that simple. Reach out, I'll be happy to work with you. I just remembered your car. All you had to do was come back to fix the stalling. It's literally a 5 minute fix but you simply didn't and I offered to log in remotely to fix it for you and you didn't reach out to do it.. (if that's not you then I must be mistaken but it's the only car I remember that had a stalling issue literally the only one.. ) Reach out for updates! Really simply folks. A problem like that won't show on a dyno. It showed after you drove it. I believe they gave you my contact and a link to the k+dcan cable you need and I would have simply logged in and fixed it.
    I fix bucking every single day ,apparantly still not making a dent in the world lol. If you have an issue talk to me!Guys. If anyone had drivablity issues all you have to do is reach out. Talk to your tuner. Super easy .

    If youre familiar with newer cars , i tune g80s, f80s ,supras , m340s etc... it's not a simple dyno tune or a single revision and you're on your way. It's log,adjust , log, repeat, till it's perfect. Can't do it all in one session or a single revision just not how it works, some things wont even show on a dyno. Tuning any car is simply just that. Look at logs and adjust (after having started from a base tune). On the E46 we're fortunate enough that it works for most cars to have an ots , but when it doesn't work out , simply custom adjustments is what is needed..

    Also @op was your car converted from smg to manual ? If it was then it would need coding to not stall and for your shift lights to work. I'm just guessing here, I wasn't made aware of that either. But only reason why it would stall coming to a stop and for shift lights to not work ( I'm guessing your cruise control didn't work either )
    very simple, all you had to do was let me fix it ​.
    also if you whatsapped and i didnt reply, i promise you i didn't see it. I have thousands of clients, literally 100s to reply to on all socials daily.. very very rarely someone slips thru as I'm 18 hours a day online just talking to people . You just had to talk to me again ,God forbid I should miss a text 😅
    Last edited by HassanEido; 01-05-2025, 03:20 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWfanz
    replied
    I have a CSL 0401 map with HTE tune, 288/280 cams installed- bucking on low RPMs are pretty annoying, especially when you do a 1/4 mile start- if you open throttle too much- no start at all. Will go for Bryson tune for partial throttle soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60motorsports
    replied
    I have an HTE tune for many years and I am running full OE CSL Setup minus cams (stock E46 M3 Non CSL Cams) with a full SS stepped headers/exhaust setup.

    I had some bucking issues etc. but in between, meaning the car was running fine for a long time and then this started happening (car would throw No errors, codes, etc). Even though Hasan adjusted the tune it wouldn't fix it. Since I had my cars original DME converted to HP with flap control and it was sitting in storage as back up, I popped that in and HTE flashed back the same tune and no bucking any more. The DME is with one of our other great forum members to have a look at whenever he gets time for any hardware damage.

    Since our cars are getting older I am seeing a lot of internal DME component failures that would not come to light unless you did a CSL conversion for example. Also seeing a lot more wiring decay etc. going on, just recently in my own car the wire from the TPS under the Airbox going to the DME was broken somewhere in the middle. Replaced it and car came back to life. Ridiculous. Also, I am seeing a lot of Gauge cluster/Speedometer failures as well.

    How long ago did you message Hasan at HTE? I am sure he would respond sooner but there is a certain situation in that part of the world right now.........

    Is your car an SMG to 6MT conversion?
    Last edited by 0-60motorsports; 01-05-2025, 03:09 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • nextelbuddy
    replied
    Is your car a factory MT car? Or SMG to 6mt conversion?

    I deal with a lot of peoples tunes both factory and modified and work a lot on my own car.

    Send me a copy of your HTE tune because it sounds an awful lot like a car that has a tune file with a GPS sensor delete issue with the stalling.
    Last edited by nextelbuddy; 01-05-2025, 12:20 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • eacmen
    replied
    In here just to say I have zero drivability issues with my HTE tune. However I am still on a MAF tune with stock cams and stock airbox. Car is catless dedicated track.

    It was not dyno tuned, I gave him a list of mods and he sent me a baseline tune and its been good since.

    Car came with what I thought was an Epic tune but ended up being BuildJournal. The knock control was going nuts with the old tune, Hassan tune that was not an issue.

    Not trying to downplay OP's isssues. Tuning MAF is very different than MAP/AlphaN. But I think if you're an owner with mostly stock engine and euro headers HTE is still a good option.

    Leave a comment:


  • cornerbalanced
    replied
    Originally posted by usdmej View Post
    i'm surprised no one has asked this yet but

    what has been HTE's repsonse to your driveability issues?
    Haven’t heard back. I also sent him a what’s app message before my car went on the dyno/got tuned, and did not get a response. I’m sure he’s a busy guy…but at this point, I’d rather not waste any more time. For him to re-flash, id also have to drive ~2 hours round trip to the shop who initially flashed the tune. Not trying to disparage him at all - happy to give him his flowers, his tune is very competitively priced. WOT pulls feel very strong. Just wouldn’t put him on the same pedestal many others would (at least in my particular circumstance/use-case).

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Thanks guys. Yeah, this is a bit of a passion project for me, and is also for my daily that I’m extremely picky with, at least from an engineering perspective. I’d love to start an aftermarket auto business some day (probably not with e46s, but you never know), but I’m not there yet as yes, I do have a day job that keeps me quite busy.

    The mullet tune is designed for CSL airbox cars with stock cams. There are two tunes: one for US headers and one for euro/aftermarket headers. The tunes are built around driveability, engine safety and enjoyment, not for peak power. It should feel like a stock airbox M3 at low revs, and a CSL at high revs (hence Mullet). I expect it’d be 5ish horsepower down from a custom dyno tune, so there’s still a place for that if you value peak power over all else, which is totally cool too. The maps are different enough that you can’t just slap the dyno tune tweaks from another tuner onto a mullet file. The tuning in the mullet is far more thorough across the DMEs various maps.

    The euro mullet is now on v26 with some improved cold starting and a little better throttle response and fueling tweaks for some very specific low rpm spots. As I daily this thing 15-20k miles per year I get a lot of refinement seat time in it. I’m always happy to update folks to the latest files.

    Lastly, skepticism is absolutely the right approach with things like this. I try to post enough about what I’m doing to explain it such that folks can make their conclusions.
    Last edited by Bry5on; 01-04-2025, 08:41 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • usdmej
    replied

    i'm surprised no one has asked this yet but

    what has been HTE's repsonse to your driveability issues?

    Leave a comment:


  • Avedis
    replied
    Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    I keep hearing about this mullet tune as of late, I would like to try it out if possible, if someone could point me to it that would be great.
    Would like to compare my current HTE dyno tune to it.
    The Mullet tune was created by our forum member Bry5on. Bryson is an incredibly intelligent, analytical and technically proficient guy. He has helped me with many of the projects on my current build and has been really generous with his time. One thing that I think is really important to note is that Bryson has a fulltime career that I assume compensates him very well. To my knowledge, there was no financial need for him to create a tune, he did it out of passion and because he seems to be a guy who gets a kick out of really complex challenges.

    I'm not going to try to get into details as to why his tune is different and superior from all the other current offerings, as it is far beyond my technical knowledge and area of expertise. He can chime in if he wants.

    There is no website, instagram etc for you to purchase it. Again, he's just a forum member who is a serious enthusiast. You will have to reach out to him via private message.

    Some info/reviews:
    I've been putting off starting this thread for a long time, and each time I work on the car I wish I had a place to drop updates. I'll start off here and fill in the details as I go along. Background: I grew up working at my father's indy BMW/Mini shop, owned many BMWs, several Porsches and one 50 year old jag that's now

    I recently purchased this immaculate 2004 Silver Grey E46 M3 with 26,000 miles with the intention of doing a CSL inspired build. My son, who is 19 months old at the time of creating this thread, already has the BMW bug. I wanted a long term project that we could enjoy together and work on throughout the years. This is my 8th

    Hi all, I've been incredibly happy to find this forum. My heart was a bit broken after the other forum went away, but thanks to all of you that have resurrected this - it's incredible! I previously owned a 2001 IR/Black coupe that I had a lot of fun with. Evolve CSL box, Ground control Coilovers, etc. Was a lovely car!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X