There was a time on M3F that one would have been just about excommunicated for attempting to speak ill of TTFS (I remember a few threads from that time). I think at times, in retrospect, the community has tended to be a bit fanatical about certain manufacturers/suppliers/shops. However important to note that we're all doing the best with the info/options/knowledge that we have at the time. Ideally things don't stay static and new people push things forward in different ways.
Discourse like this thread is important for our shared knowledge and understanding. I do think it's important though that we are fair to suppliers too who are an important part of this “platform”. If there are concerns we should at least be making sure they know about the issues and have the opportunity to rectify/respond before dumping on them.
Just my two cents (never had a tune from anyone so no skin in this game 🙂)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
HTE tune review
Collapse
X
-
Evolve --> TFS --> Paul Claude --> HTE --> MulletOriginally posted by bmwfnatic View PostReminds me of one of these “what tune is best”-threads from a few years ago, everyone commended HTE at the time, one person wrote to give it just a few years before everyone switches their opinion on them and another person becomes the “best” tuner. Sadly cannot find the post to quote it, oh well.
probably missed a couple
by now would be going PNP standalone over 1990's computer/electronics tech and used parts
Leave a comment:
-
Nah that's not the situation at all. Hassan's the man and the very few people with issues have been found out to have been the culprit, themselves (knowingly or not), not Hassan.Originally posted by bmwfnatic View PostReminds me of one of these “what tune is best”-threads from a few years ago, everyone commended HTE at the time, one person wrote to give it just a few years before everyone switches their opinion on them and another person becomes the “best” tuner. Sadly cannot find the post to quote it, oh well.
- Likes 3
Leave a comment:
-
Reminds me of one of these “what tune is best”-threads from a few years ago, everyone commended HTE at the time, one person wrote to give it just a few years before everyone switches their opinion on them and another person becomes the “best” tuner. Sadly cannot find the post to quote it, oh well.
Leave a comment:
-
Another satisfied HTE customer here. Alpha-N tune on 2003 M3 with 288/280 cams, Euro headers and CSL airbox. It took 16 pulls on the dyno as the AFR sensor kept mis-reading and Hassan stayed on for about 2-3 hours until it was right. I've had the tune since May 2023 and it idles perfectly with no hiccups or idle issues some people mention with Alpha-N. FYI, it went from 292whp pre-mods to 346whp.
- Likes 4
Leave a comment:
-
Everyone's expectations/results will vary, but I had a stellar experience with HTE.
In my other thread about idle fluctuation, I've had an issue with my converted CSL where my idle bounces from 800 to 1200 over and over again when the AC is on, which makes it very difficult to drive here in TX where the AC is always needed.
Hassan from HTE did remote logging, did a couple tuning tweaks, and after a few flashes and 1 hour of time the fluctuations were substantially reduced to the point of being a non-issue.
I do really like his base tune as well...my butt dyno doesn't work well enough to tell me how much extra power it's making, but it has been very reliable.
Last edited by Andratch; 01-28-2025, 07:48 AM.
- Likes 4
Leave a comment:
-
Also for the record for 9KRacing......I also had Leaking injectors..I always had a boost leak that I could never find until I did a smoke test and saw smoke leaking through the injector o-rings and after closer inspection, saw that the injector o-rings while they were mounted were sitting below the injector hole causing a slight leak and while the engine was idling I did tests where I would spray soapy bubbles around the injector o-rings and saw the leak.Originally posted by HassanEido View Post
Your ID injectors kept leaking from the seals, they were never able to install them in a way that would not lose boost from the injector seals. They would test it,tell me its good. One pull , no boost, test again , injectors leaking,they take it off the dyno. Only reason ur ID didn't work, not me!
There is no way I can fix a leaking injector seal in a tune is there? I spent so much time tuning it while the shop kept taking it back when it didn't make boost cause the injectors leaked till they gave up and installed back ur original injectors when ID wouldn't fit ( for whatever reason i have no control over)
For that exact reason I recommend people use FIC 1000cc injectors since they fit like stock and don't need special rails and never leak from their seals . Have them our shop car, too.
I'm not sure why you were not able to talk to me though ? I'm here.. It's not like Im some unavailable person I'm always replying to everyone that talks to me. If you had any issues and no one told me how would I possibly know? If the shop doesn't tell me how would I know, or if you don't email or reach out. Wouldn't that be a way to fix whatever problem you were having ?
I would literally drop whatever I was doing just to work on your car when they asked , because I knew we had to get this one sorted , only to find time after time it has no boost when the ID injectors were fitted and refitted. Spent hours while I waited as they tested on the dyno for leaks only to find they still leaked
Fwiw your car simply has the dinan tune now if I remember correctly, So you have dinan drivablity, literally didn't touch your part throttle , idle or anything . They tested and sent it to you I would assume, being a dinan tune I never assumed it would have bad drivability nor was I told anything of the sort. Blows my mind why someone wouldn't just talk to their tuner.
As they used to say, see something, say something. It's not hard at all folks. I literally reply to everyone, and work with everyone till they're happy 😄 but if you work thru a shop and don't talk to me about a problem u had i have no way to know or fix it.
I'm quite happy to fix that for you too. You just had to dm me.
My solution for me was to use washers to help raise the injectors up on the fuel rail to create a better seal and I used slightly thicker o-rings.
- Likes 3
Leave a comment:
-
This car literally has the Dinan tuneOriginally posted by Slideways View Post
Do you have wide band sensors for that setup? Can you go back to the DINAN tune to check if it still has issues?
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for that you literally hit the nail on the head. My supercharged tune is only 450$ on or off dyno or both (dyno effort is a no cost option) no matter how many revisions till the customer is happy 😅Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
So to be fair. Dino tuning really is only good for full throttle maximum horsepower
If you want clean part throttle you need to do road tuning which is getting the laptop out with a wide band and data logging and doing part throttle pulls in various areas.
I have a completely custom turbo setup on my s54 with some no-name brand injectors that had some very interesting, odd dead times and it really gave Hassan a hard time when he was trying to figure out idle surge out of the gate. But once I got him the right specs and the dead times for the injectors he was able to tune them perfectly at idle
And we never even hit the dyno first. We went straight to road tuning since I had a wide band
My car part throttle drivability now and full throttle is great
The only time part throttle was ever questionable was when he had some adjustments made for what's called throttle angle, which in forced induction cars can make a big difference with Part
throttle and can have major bucking issues
I gave him that feedback and he was able to adjust the throttle angle back a little bit and I don't have any bucking anymore
I worked directly with him on the road with him with a laptop and on a Facebook Messenger video call
The fact that you had a third party (shop) intervening not letting you be a part of the process and then doing everything strictly on the dyno and then complaining that your part throttle is crap which has nothing to do with the dyno says a lot.
Hassan worked with me so many times during my forced induction tune. I was even able to just give him feedback about what the car was doing at what AFR and he would make adjustments and give it back to me and I was able to flash it with my laptop and go about my way and give him more feedback or say the problem was solved.
Anytime you're tuning forced induction, it is not as easy as just throwing it on the dyno and calling it a day or expecting that it's going to be done in a day on the dyno....
Road tuning Is a must with part throttle of any car especially even more with forced induction
Also saying that you paid literally thousands doesn't mean Hassan got thousands... It means you paid the shop a good chunk of that money to use their time, labor and Dyno resources... Hassans forced induction tunes are around $750 If I remember correctly.
I myself paid $750 for my first induction tune and then I paid $125 for an hour of dyno time after we finished all the road tuning and the dyno time was just so that we could go for maximum horsepower and AFR fine tuning at full throttle after par throttle AFR idle and cruising was completed.
turbo is much harder so it's more expensive.
but I can fix any drivablity issue within 10 to 20 mins NA or SC car. Very easy really, hardest part is people reaching out which isn't hard at all 😅
- Likes 5
Leave a comment:
-
Your ID injectors kept leaking from the seals, they were never able to install them in a way that would not lose boost from the injector seals. They would test it,tell me its good. One pull , no boost, test again , injectors leaking,they take it off the dyno. Only reason ur ID didn't work, not me!Originally posted by 9kracing View PostWell sorry Hassan, but add me to the list.
My car was on the dyno at least 4 times, I think it was 5.
I still have MAJOR bucking at part throttle. You were never able to get the ID injectors I had running correctly, so we had to go back to the Dinan 440s. It still runs like absolute shit.
Now, to be fair, VT Motorworks facilitated the tunes, and wouldn't let me be there for it, or talk to Hassan at all. Wing handled everything, poorly. (Par for that shop)
It's also a supercharged car, so not your average CSL intake. But I'm quite unhappy with the way the car sits, and I paid literally thousands of dollars for tuning.
There is no way I can fix a leaking injector seal in a tune is there? I spent so much time tuning it while the shop kept taking it back when it didn't make boost cause the injectors leaked till they gave up and installed back ur original injectors when ID wouldn't fit ( for whatever reason i have no control over)
For that exact reason I recommend people use FIC 1000cc injectors since they fit like stock and don't need special rails and never leak from their seals . Have them our shop car, too.
I'm not sure why you were not able to talk to me though ? I'm here.. It's not like Im some unavailable person I'm always replying to everyone that talks to me. If you had any issues and no one told me how would I possibly know? If the shop doesn't tell me how would I know, or if you don't email or reach out. Wouldn't that be a way to fix whatever problem you were having ?
I would literally drop whatever I was doing just to work on your car when they asked , because I knew we had to get this one sorted , only to find time after time it has no boost when the ID injectors were fitted and refitted. Spent hours while I waited as they tested on the dyno for leaks only to find they still leaked
Fwiw your car simply has the dinan tune now if I remember correctly, So you have dinan drivablity, literally didn't touch your part throttle , idle or anything . They tested and sent it to you I would assume, being a dinan tune I never assumed it would have bad drivability nor was I told anything of the sort. Blows my mind why someone wouldn't just talk to their tuner.
As they used to say, see something, say something. It's not hard at all folks. I literally reply to everyone, and work with everyone till they're happy 😄 but if you work thru a shop and don't talk to me about a problem u had i have no way to know or fix it.
I'm quite happy to fix that for you too. You just had to dm me.Last edited by HassanEido; 01-05-2025, 04:02 PM.
- Likes 8
Leave a comment:
-
So to be fair. Dyno tuning really is only good for full throttle maximum horsepowerOriginally posted by 9kracing View PostWell sorry Hassan, but add me to the list.
My car was on the dyno at least 4 times, I think it was 5.
I still have MAJOR bucking at part throttle. You were never able to get the ID injectors I had running correctly, so we had to go back to the Dinan 440s. It still runs like absolute shit.
Now, to be fair, VT Motorworks facilitated the tunes, and wouldn't let me be there for it, or talk to Hassan at all. Wing handled everything, poorly. (Par for that shop)
It's also a supercharged car, so not your average CSL intake. But I'm quite unhappy with the way the car sits, and I paid literally thousands of dollars for tuning.
If you want clean part throttle you need to do road tuning which is getting the laptop out with a wide band and data logging and doing part throttle pulls in various areas.
I have a completely custom turbo setup on my s54 with some no-name brand injectors that had some very interesting, odd dead times and it really gave Hassan a hard time when he was trying to figure out idle surge out of the gate. But once I got him the right specs and the dead times for the injectors he was able to tune them perfectly at idle
And we never even hit the dyno first. We went straight to road tuning since I had a wide band
My car part throttle drivability now and full throttle is great
The only time part throttle was ever questionable was when he had some adjustments made for what's called throttle angle, which in forced induction cars can make a big difference with Part
throttle and can have major bucking issues
I gave him that feedback and he was able to adjust the throttle angle back a little bit and I don't have any bucking anymore
I worked directly with him on the road with him with a laptop and on a Facebook Messenger video call
The fact that you had a third party (shop) intervening not letting you be a part of the process and then doing everything strictly on the dyno and then complaining that your part throttle is crap which has nothing to do with the dyno says a lot.
Hassan worked with me so many times during my forced induction tune. I was even able to just give him feedback about what the car was doing at what AFR and he would make adjustments and give it back to me and I was able to flash it with my laptop and go about my way and give him more feedback or say the problem was solved.
Anytime you're tuning forced induction, it is not as easy as just throwing it on the dyno and calling it a day or expecting that it's going to be done in a day on the dyno....
Road tuning Is a must with part throttle of any car especially even more with forced induction
Also saying that you paid literally thousands doesn't mean Hassan got thousands... It means you paid the shop a good chunk of that money to use their time, labor and Dyno resources... Hassans forced induction tunes are around $750 If I remember correctly.
I myself paid $750 for my forced induction tune and then I paid $125 for an hour of dyno time after we finished all the road tuning and the dyno time was just so that we could go for maximum horsepower and AFR fine tuning at full throttle after par throttle AFR idle and cruising was completed.Last edited by nextelbuddy; 01-05-2025, 07:00 PM.
- Likes 10
Leave a comment:
-
Do you have wide band sensors for that setup? Can you go back to the DINAN tune to check if it still has issues?Originally posted by 9kracing View PostWell sorry Hassan, but add me to the list.
My car was on the dyno at least 4 times, I think it was 5.
I still have MAJOR bucking at part throttle. You were never able to get the ID injectors I had running correctly, so we had to go back to the Dinan 440s. It still runs like absolute shit.
Now, to be fair, VT Motorworks facilitated the tunes, and wouldn't let me be there for it, or talk to Hassan at all. Wing handled everything, poorly. (Par for that shop)
It's also a supercharged car, so not your average CSL intake. But I'm quite unhappy with the way the car sits, and I paid literally thousands of dollars for tuning.
Leave a comment:
-
Well sorry Hassan, but add me to the list.
My car was on the dyno at least 4 times, I think it was 5.
I still have MAJOR bucking at part throttle. You were never able to get the ID injectors I had running correctly, so we had to go back to the Dinan 440s. It still runs like absolute shit.
Now, to be fair, VT Motorworks facilitated the tunes, and wouldn't let me be there for it, or talk to Hassan at all. Wing handled everything, poorly. (Par for that shop)
It's also a supercharged car, so not your average CSL intake. But I'm quite unhappy with the way the car sits, and I paid literally thousands of dollars for tuning.
Leave a comment:
-
Tuning a car with stock US headers tells me everything I need to know.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
I have also worked with HassanEido for tune a with CSL intake and SSV1. Engine made great power on the dyno. I have zero drivability issues. Very pleased with the results.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: