the price? $2,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bostonbruck View Post

What do you mean by rubber seal? It does include the “seal” that is glued to the part and goes down the curve. However, the rubber trim on the body of the car (under the rear window) is not included, and costs about 50$ per side
    The “seal” or whatever it is all all broken up on mine exposing two phillips screws. All around the Hofmeister kink.

Its dark now, but hopefully this picture shows what I talking about:

Click image for larger version

Name:	C62AB3A5-0F54-430D-8548-6E9C4D8EEFF0.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	29728

Comment

BTW, I apologize about the thread hijack but this drives me insane to the point that I have no problem spending $1k if that has the rubber piece.

Mine is matt black.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by R1pilot View Post
        BTW, I apologize about the thread hijack but this drives me insane to the point that I have no problem spending $1k if that has the rubber piece.

Mine is matt black.

Thanks.
        Fix it for like $40 and save your money.

There is an issue with the E46s where the rubbers tend to crack over time. This appears both below the rear side windows and in the corner of the side finisher trim. BMW does not sell only the rubber for the side finisher trim, but you can buy each side piece as one whole part (trim and rubber). Part # 51717003935

2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I think the $1000 trim DOES come with that rubber piece. It’s glued together from factory. Just pay 50$ and fix the rubber part instead of replacing the whole trim piece. There’s tons of info on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post

Fix it for like $40 and save your money.

There is an issue with the E46s where the rubbers tend to crack over time. This appears both below the rear side windows and in the corner of the side finisher trim. BMW does not sell only the rubber for the side finisher trim, but you can buy each side piece as one whole part (trim and rubber). Part # 51717003935
            Thanks for the link. I will give this a shot, has to be better than looking at the two phillips screws lol.

Comment

yes the $1,000 trim comes with the weatherstripping.... they don't sell it separately... but at this point I guess they should as by now all these cars could use new weatherstripping and most don't need a whole new replacement trim.

Thankfully the pieces on the bottom of the window are about $35 each !

I get my parts from www.thebmwminipartstore.com which have the cheapest prices on the web and very reasonable shipping rates. Lately, they have had 10% off coupon codes as well. Hopefully this saves you guys money too.
              Last edited by Maxima SE; 05-30-2020, 03:37 AM.
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

For that money, why not just have a shop paint it whatever matte black you want and put new rubber on it while they're in there?

Comment

3M window rubbers FTW.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20200526_195848.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	30217
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Working...
                  X