Anyone using 3m crystalline tint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using 3m crystalline tint?

Those of you running 3m crystalline how do you like it?? I have been thinking of having mine taken off as it’s staring to bubble, and re-tinting it in crystalline. Thanks in advance

I have Crystalline in my wife’s 328 wagon. I thought it
    would be worth it in Florida. I don't think it was worth the $500 or so versus the Color Stable I have on the M3.

The one thing that really bothered me at first was that its purplish and looks weird. I mean its alright but I don’t feel like it really keeps the car any cooler.

I did it thinking I was going to do it on my M3 afterwards and decided on Color Stable. I am happy with it.

Comment

Then again, if you are going for the transparent one, go for it. I will get Crystalline on my e30 as I don’t want sark windows on that car.

Also get it installed by someone that knows what he is doing. Its way thicker and difficult to install.

Comment

I have Crystalline - CR70 on the windshield and CR50 on the sides. It works excellent (black truck in south FL!)

Did Huper Optik Klar85 on the M3 because of the weird purpling color of lighter Crystalline shades mentioned above which didn't play nice with my Cinnamon interior; Aesthetics were more of a priority on this car and I wanted to keep the fishbowl look so the HO executed this better, but does not block heat as well as the Crystalline.

When I do it again i'll get XPEL XR Prime Plus. That is the latest&greatest with best performance. They also have an XR Black line that has no ugly color hues whatsoever. Do yourself a favor and skip the 80-90% films... they do work but you aren't getting great value for your money as they can only block so much being essentially clear. I was surprised 70% blocks a noticeable amount more heat than the data suggests.

Comment

The purple hue of Crystalline only show up more prominent with the darker tint and at certain angles, like CR20 on the rear glass. Water droplet also enhance it. I hardly notice any purple hue on the side windows with the lighter CR40. It isn't that bad and I don't mind it. I preferred it over Huper Optik as the semi-reflective and "ghosting" of it bothers me much more than the purple hue of Crystalline.
          Last edited by Xmetal; 06-02-2020, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your input I didn’t know about the purple time at all and I want to go as light/clear as possible have an AW/IR and have been running dark tint want to switch it up is there anything that’s light/clear besides crystalline?

Comment

You won't notice the purple hue on lighter tint. Take a look at my wife's S3. The sides are 40% and there's no purple hue. The rear is 20% and you can see a tiny bit of purple hue on certain angle and some added dampness on a foggy day. Click image for larger version

Name:	S3.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	30671 Click image for larger version

Name:	S3_rear.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	30672
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X