E46 convertible hardtop parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 convertible hardtop parts

Hey y’all. I’ve been wanting to install a hardtop on my M3 vert but I don’t know what parts I need to install the hardtop. ECS used to sell a kit a few years ago but it’s been discontinued. Idk if anyone has a parts list for all the things I need to just get it mounted. Lighting kit doesn’t matter to me.

You need the two brackets (Mfg Part #54217146749) the hardtop latches down into. I bought the ECS kit in Aug of 2016. I have pics from my install if you are interested. I ended up taking out the interior panels of the backseat. Try to find the brackets and the light kit wires, as your car needs them to recognize the hardtop is installed -> a light in the instrument panel indicates the hardtop is present. You'll want the lights and rear window defroster to work. The lights are nice to have. Here is a PDF with lots of info on the convertible including the hardtop mounts: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TZA...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Following - I've contemplated the idea of switching to a hardtop since I got my vert but finding a hardtop in the right color seems to be the hardest thing in the world. Plus, the brackets and wires indeed.
      BMW M340i G20 '21
      BMW M3e46 '04
      exBMW 120i f20 '16
      exBMW 328i Convertible e36 '96
      exBMW 628Csi e24 '87
      ex BMW 328i Coupé e36 '98
      ex BMW 530i e34 '89
      ex BMW 735i e23 '81

Comment

Good luck. If you find one, you’ll be amazed at how it changes the look and sound inside the car. I was lucky and bought an M3 version (color matched trim) vs a non-M (chrome trim) in my exact color. Find one in any color and have it painted.

Comment

The kit was made up of the below part numbers. I went down the road to piece it together before I bought a set off Facebook.

Bolts x4 07119902175
          Left support (includes wiring and mount) 54217143355
          Right support (wiring separate on this side) 54217143360
          Right wiring 54217143358
          Attached Files

Comment

what light on dashboard shows hardtop? never seen it.

Comment

^There's no separate light for it, but when coded correctly, the presence of the hardtop will prevent the soft top mechanism from working when the button is pressed so none of the hydraulics are damaged. Also changes the behavior of the comfort open/close function from the key. Just opens/closes the windows if the hardtop is on.

I got lucky and snagged my HT locally for $300. I painted it to match a couple years ago, and use it during winter months. It completely changes the look of the car.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200609_130000.jpg
Views:	6936
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	32820

Comment

Working...
              X