What happened to all the members???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
    All the best people are here anyway. Come on!
    But we lost sapote! Unless (s)he change their username?

Comment

Yeah its getting frustrating with the no notifications and no tapatalk access. But an app sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

But we lost sapote! Unless (s)he change their username?
        Ugh man, RIP in peace sapotez. I really enjoyed their brand of earnest intelligent questions and persistence.

Comment

It's not surprising is it?

- Old domain didn't redirect users to the new one. Most people think the forum is completely gone.
          - User accounts are lost, requiring users to sign up again.
          - Old data is lost and SEO value is lost; nam3forum.com links are showing up in search engines, but not nearly as much as the m3forum.net links.
          - Engagement is lower b/c there's no mobile app for easy access and re-engaging users w/ notifications.

And don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have the mods setup a forum for our community. I'm just directly answering your question.
          2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
          Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
          Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
          Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
          Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
          Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Took me a while to get over here but I made it!

Such a terrible shame to lose so much great information on our platform but thankfully a good amount of the knowledgeable people are here. Surely it will take some time to rebuild but at least we have the opportunity.

A massive thank you to everyone that helped get this place going. I am also glad to know this place isn’t going to vaporize randomly down the road.

A forum is only as good as its members and we have high quality in that department.

Cheers to the future, everyone!
            2003.5 Carbon Black ///M3 @_weaponM
            MCS | Supersprint | CAE | TC Design | Momo | Schroth | Rogue | Turner | Bimmerworld | Vorshlag | Hyperco | AKG

Comment

I'm here, just barely.

Not a fan of the new name.

I miss my user control panel.

I miss getting email notifications to threads that I chose to receive notifications for... but I'm sure I could do that here too?

It would be nice if everyone used the same user names...

Still bummed about M3F being gone, I was on there over a decade. If we can recreate as many threads and have the same active members back on here that would help.
              2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
              Build///Journal
              IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

What hurts most is the 10+ years I put into the build journal. It was a whole story you can look back onto to see how your thinking and direction changed.

If the community continues building up the content, this will be the new M3F, no matter the name. I am hoping to MK60 swap my 2002 M3 this year, we will see if it can be make DIYable.

Comment

Def. seems more quite around here after the hack and the loss of notifications. I'm confident that this board will last, guys do whatever you can to get your online buddies at least signed up.
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Definitely miss the old forum! But thankful for this one!

Comment

I guess for me the browsing was so much better on the old site and it was part of my daily routine. I don't even think about these new ones and I never go on e46fanatics. Maybe I'm just salty because I lost all of my PM's that I SHOULD have just copied and pasted into Word. Or maybe I'm salty because I lost access to my favorite saved threads forever. Or maybe I'm salty because I never expected it to crash. I dunno...situation just kinda sucks.
                      1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth​​
                      2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                      2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                      2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop

Comment

Over time this place will get there but make no mistake there isn't an e46 forum that will ever achieve the daily visits m3forum.net did in its hay day (I wasn't there but I could see how busy it was). Your dreaming if you think that so enjoy this one for what it is. One thing I don't miss about the old forum was the amount of misinformation from the early days. You can jump on this forum and if you are savvy understand all the key failure points and standard mods in very short order since there isn't a huge amount of crap. I do feel badly for the guys that had huge journals but I have to be honest and note that I would have made my own backups. m3forum.net was such a turd technically that I never ever trusted it and knew it was simply a matter of time before it vanished.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Glad I never started that build journal now.

Comment

i just assumed M3F was temporarily down and then eventually, wanting to peruse the site fell out of habit

recently out of curiosity i figured i'd google to see what actually happened. it took a decent amount of searching and wading through admin drama both past and present before i found the link to this site.

Comment

Was on the other as well . Only found this as wanted to find a similar group to m3forums where intelligent and insightful posts on e46 m3 in given areas.

Thanks to the person (s) that has started this one. Hopefully we can spread the word and rebuild some of the information of the old forums.

I personally can’t help too much on the mechanical side , but if people are into the infotainment side and can look past Enron head unit replacements hopefully I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

It looks like Vertical Scope just migrated E46F over to XenForo too.
                                XenForo is absolute garbage and completely killed M5board, I hope this forum never goes that route.

To answer OP's question, a lot of people will be upset that all of their content was lost and will simply give up, some don't know this site exists, some people won't like the new name, etc. etc. Eventually, this forum will get to the glory but it will take some time. And for people that have issues with the site, I'm sure all of the kinks will work out with time as well-- this website has only been up for what? Three months? Gotta be patient.
                                2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X