Pre-facelift seats in post-facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-facelift seats in post-facelift

I picked up a 2002 seat for my 2006 but the connector is different.

The 2002 seats have two separate connectors that fit into the single long connector on my 06 car but it doesn’t lock in place. There is a center section that’s missing though. Has anyone done this before and did you re-pin to a new connector?

For reference, both cars had power, lumbar and heat. So all options were the same for both.

Thanks for the input!

Monday bump, any one with experience on this? Missing the archives for things like this.

Comment

My seats (06) have the yellow connector below where the 02 seats I bought have the two separate black ones below. When I look on realoem it appears they all have the same connector. Do I just need to get the yellow adapter? I feel like this has been covered on M3F. I’ve searched and searched and can’t seem to find where M3’s had different seat connectors.

Plan B is to pull the leathers and swap but I’d rather not do that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0C24F121-E2AF-44A7-9453-0A106729F66B.jpeg
Views:	472
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	33997

Name:	545B8724-C748-47CB-B475-4E1E2DF9A30C.jpeg
Views:	485
Size:	778.8 KB
ID:	33996

Comment

I found your connector on TIS and now I'm trying to cross-reference the two connectors in the pictures on top. Can you take a picture further back or trace the wires to see where they go?

I'm finding that theX275(driver) and X279(passenger) should be there. It dates back to 1999. The same connector is used for a lot of different things and I'm not sure why it isn't there. Something is off with those seats and I want to help more but those two pictures aren't going to cut it. I think your seats might just have something missing.

This shows 9-25 pins it uses so those two connectors couldn't back the only connections.
        1-8 is used for the SRS with the seatbelt. Date is 1999/09+
        Last edited by Arith2; 06-12-2020, 07:46 PM.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Thanks for replying. I laid both seats side by side to compare. The seat was missing the seat occupancy sensor and yellow connector. The large yellow connector holds 4 smaller connectors. Swapped over from my old seat and presto!

Name:	2F33D86F-50BE-4977-BFDE-02863F764367.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	34469
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 8000RPM; 06-14-2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

haha was just going to say the yellow housing holds the other connectors in place just swap it over. you already figured out but depending on seat features it might not have the same grouping of wires. like if your old ones had heating and new one don't.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
            X