Diffsonline - thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diffsonline - thoughts?

I need to replace my differential and am considering going with a 391 gear ratio. I have Supersprint headers and a tune by Epic and am missing some of the low end torque feel. That being said, I am researching options for re-built differentials and came across the Diffsonline option through Bimmerworld. Has anyone gone this route and what are your thoughts on Diffsonline? Does anyone have other recommendations?

I used Dan from diffsonline to build me a 4.10 unit. Very knowledgeable. Good experience.
    Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Probably one of the most reputable diff builders in the BMW world. You definitely pay a premium for that reputation though.

Comment

Are their kits worth it though? They have offered me a repair kit for as little as 400 bucks. It seems to good to be true

Comment

Originally posted by djrnmd View Post
          I need to replace my differential and am considering going with a 391 gear ratio. I have Supersprint headers and a tune by Epic and am missing some of the low end torque feel. That being said, I am researching options for re-built differentials and came across the Diffsonline option through Bimmerworld. Has anyone gone this route and what are your thoughts on Diffsonline? Does anyone have other recommendations?
          Dan at DiffsOnLine.com does great work. He's taken care of my racing diff needs both times I needed assistance including the initial install/set up and re-install/set up when I changed the ring & pinion to a 3.91.

Instead of rebuilding the stock M3 diff, I'd seek out a 210mm large-case clutch style limited slip if you plan to keep the car. It's more robust, IMHO a much better design and drives substantially better. Bimmerworld or DiffsOnLine.com can help you.

Feff
          MVP Track Time

Comment

Metric Mechanic also offers a rebuild service for approximately the same cost as DiffsOnline. I've never used either service but I did speak with Dan when I noticed some play in one output shaft (common issue), and I intend to use DiffsOnline for a rebuild when the issue and noise worsen.

Metric Mechanic has a video of a rebuild. There's a lot that goes into it and the pricing was a bit more understandable after I watched: https://youtu.be/tW1JCzNPXpA
            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Buy with confidence. Dan does great work as mentioned above. I know back in the day he also made all the diffs on the TMS website. Not sure if that is still the case after they got acquired by ECS.
              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Working...
              X