Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running this square setup with different offsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running this square setup with different offsets?

Front 18x9.5 et35
    Rear 18x9.5 et22
    265/35/18 tires

Saw lots with et22 front and rear, but et22 fronts seems to stick out quite a bit.

Anyone have pics to share, thanks in advance.

That kinda defeats one of the main purposes of a square setup which is the ability to rotate wheels/tires. The common setup is a 18x9.5 ET35 square with a 12mm spacer in the rear. The spacer in the rear effectively makes the offset ET23 for the rear pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      That kinda defeats one of the main purposes of a square setup which is the ability to rotate wheels/tires. The common setup is a 18x9.5 ET35 square with a 12mm spacer in the rear. The spacer in the rear effectively makes the offset ET23 for the rear pair.
      we can just dismount and mount the tires to the rear. a bit of a hassle but still works.

Comment

Or just get a few spacers. You can run those fronts but you'll need to run -3 to -4 camber in front.
        2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
        Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
        Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
        Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
        Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
        Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

If you run what you wrote in your post, that is effectively what I run with my et35 wheels and a 12mm spacer in rear.

Many reasons folks run square, so I have to ask yours - looks, canyons, track? If former, you don't need to worry about rotation as much. Latter, you will chew the fronts on the fenders depending on which tire you run (tire and thread width differs) unless you make adjustments to ride height, camber or both. Also don't know if you will like the look or ride height or amount of camber on street or whatever your use. Turner has a pic (#10) https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...-wheel-192lbs/
          Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Im running Rear ZCP squared. Same offsets to allow me to rotate wheels/tires plus i like the look. Running 255 tires all around - still rubbing in the front.
            Attached Files

Comment

I run Et35 front and Et22 rear on 18x9.5” ARC8s. By far it’s a better setup than Et22 squared. I used to run Et22 squared but 3.4+ negative front camber in the front is to much for mostly street/back roads car. With Et35, I am able to run 2.8 degrees of negative front camber.

Comment

^^this is what im looking for. you mind posting some pics? i guess depends on your height, do u have to work those fenders?

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch55 View Post
                  ^^this is what im looking for. you mind posting some pics? i guess depends on your height, do u have to work those fenders?

thank you.
                  No fender work. I don't remember the exact number but I think I am around 13.5" or so front and 13" rear.(car is on jackstands so I can't measure right now)

These are a few pictures that I have of the M3 with the current setup.

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post

No fender work. I don't remember the exact number but I think I am around 13.5" or so front and 13" rear.(car is on jackstands so I can't measure right now)

These are a few pictures that I have of the M3 with the current setup.

Which brand front lip is that?

Comment

Originally posted by xpme46m3 View Post

Which brand front lip is that?
                      If I remember correctly, I got it from Status Gruppe about 4 years ago.

Comment

From my understanding, experience, and research online on forums and IG (I ask almost every other E46M3 owner on ig their wheel/tire specs lol) the common 'Square' setups in 18" diameter are either 9.5" et22 or 10"et25. Regardless it seems that the rear will need a spacer to even it out with the front since the front will poke more than the rears if not spaced. I've seen anywhere from 10mm to 15mm rear spacers (though id advise against 10mm spacer since they dont have hub lips and your wheel will be sitting on just the lug bolts/studs).

Slightly irrelevant but I myself run 265 tires all around on 18x9.5 et35 front 18x10 et25 ARC8 staggered setup (not my choice, wheels that came with the car) with 12mm spacers all around (so basically et23 true offset), -3 camber front -2.5 and have no issues on either the track or street, my car isn't crazy slammed either. Previously ran 5mm spacers all around but reason I ran them at all was because thanks to the et35 offset the inside of the front tires would rub my ST coilover perches. So you can see why I’m not a fan of the square et35 offset.

If it was my choice I would run either 9.5 et22 square w/265s and rear spacers, or 10 et25 if you want to go up to 275 tires, also w/ rear spacers.

ps. sorry for the long winded wall of text post, but I'm quite bored in lockdown and my car is at a garage I cant access to even work on lol.
                        Last edited by BigRussia; 08-14-2023, 05:12 PM.
                        2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
                        Instagram
                        Youtube

Comment

Like mention in previous post, you can only run 18x9.5 et35 with the stock front strut or same design where the shock has an offset from the center of the top plates. If you run coilovers, it will rub and you will need a 5mm spacers.

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                          2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                            Like mention in previous post, you can only run 18x9.5 et35 with the stock front strut or same design where the shock has an offset from the center of the top plates. If you run coilovers, it will rub and you will need a 5mm spacers.
                            Not completely true. Your can’t run 18x9.5” et35 front with KWs(used to have a set) but I am not having any issues running et35 on AST coilovers. It all depends on the width of your front spring and if you are low enough to the point where the spring collar is even or below the lip of the wheel.

Comment

+1 on the last comment. I run 18x9.5 et35 with Ohlins (but using Hyperco/Swift narrow springs) and with 255 or 265 no rub on bottom collar (although 265 is super close so if wheel bearings are not fresh it might rub under heavy lateral loads), 275 definitely rubbed.
                              Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X