Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the door glass the same on a coupe VS vert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the door glass the same on a coupe VS vert?

I know they are different part numbers but can anyone confirm if they are the same size or not?

I want to buy a glass from someone who states that they are the same but would prefer to avoid the hassle if they are not for sure.

thanks in advance

Update:
    coupe & vert have the same glass window

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post
      Update:
      coupe & vert have the same glass window
      there has to be something different about them if the part numbers are different though... they may physically fit but something gotta be different !
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Are the door shells are the same too?

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
          Are the door shells are the same too?
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

there has to be something different about them if the part numbers are different though... they may physically fit but something gotta be different !
            Just installed an M3 vert glass on my 325 E46, and it did fit like the original. Not sure what the difference is but hey it worked for my cheap daily

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

Possibly something to make them shatter in a safer manner in the event of a roll over?

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Possibly something to make them shatter in a safer manner in the event of a roll over?
                could be... I dont know ! different thickness? different tint to it? Based on what I have noticed throughout the years, whenever BMW has a different part number, there is a reason for it. a good example is halogen headlight cover vs xenon's. they look the same and fit the same but serve different purposes
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X