No announcement yet.

Thicker head gasket and more boost ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was under the impression that the s54 could handle 10-12 psi with meth injection. Many supercharger kits out there run 500-550 whp on a stock engine. I believe all superchargers for the e46 M3 are centrifugal superchargers, which means that the boost is build at higher rpms. So when you at max boost of 10-12psi is normally for less than a second unless your bouncing off the rev limiter. Now if you trying to go 600whp and more than it’s prob the rods, rod bearings, or other components that will fail due to the stress of that much power.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
      I was under the impression that the s54 could handle 10-12 psi with meth injection. Many supercharger kits out there run 500-550 whp on a stock engine. I believe all superchargers for the e46 M3 are centrifugal superchargers, which means that the boost is build at higher rpms. So when you at max boost of 10-12psi is normally for less than a second unless your bouncing off the rev limiter. Now if you trying to go 600whp and more than it’s prob the rods, rod bearings, or other components that will fail due to the stress of that much power.
      I am afraid of damaging my engine for 50hp or 80hp more

Comment

Working...
      X