Rasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rasp

Now that I've been able to drive my car with euro headers (+ catless US sec 1) I'm realizing how incredibly raspy it is over the stock US setup. I actually really liked the slight amount of rasp the stock US setup had. But now it rasps *hard* on every acceleration and I can't stand it, it's really taking away from the enjoyment of the CSL airbox. First I want to make sure -- is this normal? Want to rule out perhaps this being vibration from something being loose rather than being rasp.

I'm assuming that the problem is basically that by deleting the cats I've deleted two resonators, is that right? Therefore the solution would be to add back resonators and/or cats.

Does the stock *catted* euro setup rasp more than the stock US setup? It seems like it should -- the stock US setup has two cats and a separate resonator, whereas the stock catted euro setup just has the two cats, no extra resonator. Wondering if I'll still be bothered by the amount of rasp once I get my hands on a set of euro cats?

I would like to go back to it sounding as much as possible like it was with the stock catted header setup, and also do want to run cats, just not running them at this moment because I'm still trying to find a set of euro cats (proving difficult atm).

Thanks for any advice!

I think you’ll be happy with the amount of rasp once you get euro cats on it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Yea, the euro headers/cats is raspy but not overwhelming like your current setup.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Do you guys with experience having both find that the cats and resonators have similar effect on tone/rasp? I would guess the cats muffle it more.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
          Do you guys with experience having both find that the cats and resonators have similar effect on tone/rasp? I would guess the cats muffle it more.
          Resonators won't mess with tone or loudness, they will just eliminate some rasp. The AR20/5 setup doesn't get rid of all of it btw.
          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 BMW ///M3
          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X