Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSW/Bavsound Speaker Question.

Hey all,

I bought a stage 1 kit second hand, supposedly for a coupe and HK. I have a question on the front mid/tweeter combo.
    I know bsw/Bavsound has updated their kits over the years.

But this front/tweeter combo has this extra molex connector tied to a capcitor board. I googled around haven't seen anything like it.

Has anyone with a Bavsound kit had this or know if this is a normal part of the front range? And what is the extra black molex connector for?

Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200611_081544.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	33441 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200611_081549.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	33442

Hello,
    I have bought that kit and I can confirm that is not a part it comes with, what it is, I’m not sure. Also, you will love your Bavsound speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post
      Hello,
      I have bought that kit and I can confirm that is not a part it comes with, what it is, I’m not sure. Also, you will love your Bavsound speakers.
      Agreed. I have them, that’s not part of it. It looks like someone wanted to change the crossover frequency, but beyond that, all bets are off. Unless your factory mid-tweets are blown, you can get by without those provided you have a decent head unit. If you’re using BSW with a factory head unit, most of the improvement will be in the mid bass and subwoofer (ski pass for convertibles, which you may or may not have).

maw

Comment

Just a speculation as I have no idea how BMW audio setup works, but it may be done to give you an option to run that 2-way speaker from either a source where cross-over is done with a DSP capable amp() or from an amp that doesn't have any XO built in.
        That cap will cut off Low end of the signal. If you look at the value of the cap you can tell if it is mid-tweet high-pass or mid-woofer to midrange high-pass.

Comment

Stupid question ... but you sure its not just stuck to the magnet?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200614_054958.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	34350 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200614_054949.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	34351
            Originally posted by R1pilot View Post
            Stupid question ... but you sure its not just stuck to the magnet?
            nope.

It Sure looks like its orginal from BSW. very confused

I added a couple more pics...

Comment

First thing I would do is call BSW, give them the part number(s) off the speaker and ask them to verify you have a compatible part for your vehicle. As for the extra wiring, they sometimes have multiple pig-tails for different applications. This was the case with the rear panel speakers on an E46 convertible; the instructions said to tuck the unused one away.
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Working...
              X