What kind of MPGs are you all getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of MPGs are you all getting?

I know the M3 was not made to be a fuel efficient vehicle... But I'm questioning why my 2002 M3 seems to get worse MPG's than my previously owned 2004 M3. Both cars I had within the 120k range, and both mechanically sound and up-to-date. In the 04, I would see highway MPGs of around 25mpg, while in the 02 it's hard for me to crack 22mpg. In the city in the 02, I'm getting about 16mpg whereas in the 04 I would get closer to 18-20. Both cars are stock.

My driving style is pretty modest, yet spirited at times. I'm not giving it the beans every opportunity I have.

What MPG's are you guys getting? Also, was there any difference in early MY cars that was changed in later MY cars that made them slightly more fuel-efficient?

In the end, it's all about the smiles per gallon, but I'm curious.

Like 9
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

If you want to try getting better mpg I think O2 sensors can be refreshed.
      I get like 35mpg cruising in the highway and like 12 in stop and go city driving

Comment

I've done headers on my car recently and figure out some improper wiring with regards to o2 sensors. A post cat o2 sensor was plugged into precat bank receptor. Changing that alone made the engine way more responsive in normal mode, I seldom drive in sport due to 60% pedal travel = 100% throttle, buggs me. Now I'm super happy.

got as good as 8.9L/100km ~ 26.42Mpg
        city driving can vary between 11.2-13L/100km ~ 21-18Mpg

Driving style is spirited but no max revs due to Rods/Vanos being in waiting to be done.
        2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

17.2 pre csl/canned tune, 15.2 now. Weekend warrior aggressive in town driving.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

~15mpg in mostly city driving w/ supercharger; ~18 mpg or so when stock.

Comment

Mine averages about 21mpg like death and taxes on my commute into Nashville for the last 3-4 years and it's stock aside from headers and tweaks with Martyn's tool. I don't particularly care WHAT the number is, as long as it's consistent. If I don't drive it any differently on a given tankful and see a spike or a dip, I'll know something is up that I probably need to look at.

Comment

about 20. heaps better than my 2016 qx60

Comment

you guys track MPG? lol

Comment

18-19 mixed driving, 25 cruising on freeway at 75mph.

I like to check my mpgs just to make sure the engine is running OK.
                    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                        Like 9
                        Best response yet.

I average between 18-21 in mixed driving. I get 25-28 between 70-75 on the highway depending on terrain.
                        2003.5 Carbon Black ///M3 @_weaponM
                        MCS | Supersprint | CAE | TC Design | Momo | Schroth | Rogue | Turner | Bimmerworld | Vorshlag | Hyperco | AKG

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X