Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kdubski View Post
    Headgasket.

dealt with weird misfire situation. Followed advice of forums for compression test. Numbers inconsistent. Open up the head and turns out burnt out between cylinders 1-2,4-5,5-6.

De-carbon your pistons while you have the head off.
    Did you also experience the little "pinking" like there is a metal ball in your engine? I experienced this for thousands of miles and never knew what it was. I thought the car was down a little on power too. Not a ton but some...

This seems to be a decent guide. Worst comes to worst and I chicken out I will just do the disassembly and have a shop do the re-assembly. this guide seems decent:
    Hi Everyone, Having had the misfortune of the head gasket going on my car, and not being able to find a complete guide for doing the job, I thought I’d post a guide as this is becoming quite a common issue with the S54. I trawled youtube, lots of online forums, but all I could find were snippets...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

Did you also experience the little "pinking" like there is a metal ball in your engine? I experienced this for thousands of miles and never knew what it was. I thought the car was down a little on power too. Not a ton but some...

This seems to be a decent guide. Worst comes to worst and I chicken out I will just do the disassembly and have a shop do the re-assembly. this guide seems decent:
      https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...e46-m3.205525/
      Yup that is what prompted me to dig around. I assumed it was an issue with tune or car running rich following euro headers. Then I compression tested due to forum advice. The pinking became progressively worse in a very short period (under 1000 miles).

Comment

Originally posted by Kdubski View Post

Yup that is what prompted me to dig around. I assumed it was an issue with tune or car running rich following euro headers. Then I compression tested due to forum advice. The pinking became progressively worse in a very short period (under 1000 miles).
        That pinking is pre detonation from what I understand. Did you have any issues with your block or head? I found a reputable shop that will replace all my valve seals with the OEM, hot tank my head, and resurface it for $150 so ill be doing that.

Although if theres a problem with my block I would be kinda screwed cause id have to pull the engine. fingers crossed...

Comment

Working...
        X